Is the agitation and restless feeling in my head due to Anxiety?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've always found it hard to come to terms with the fact that anxiety can have such a physical effect on your body, which is probably why I'm always looking for another answer.

For nearly a year I had been having constant tension head aches, but after a duo of cutting out caffiene, and taking a nasal spray for suspected sinuses, this has somewhat died down.

However now I feel like I am suffering more. I have a constant feeling of agitation and restlessness, which feels like it stems from the back of my head/top of my spine. It really effects my day to day life, making it impossible to concentrate in my uni lectures, and I've had to stop working as I can't focus on anything!

Although I was recently prescribed glasses, I feel that my eye sight is effected in some way, as looking at objects in the distance is an impossible task, I keep having the urge to look away, as if I just can't focus on anything for any longer.

Although I feel like I am a social person, and will gladly put myself in the spotlight, the doctors told me I could possibly have a form of anxiety, and these effects are because of this. I am relatively stress free and have little to worry about, what is causing this?

I have recently tried Co Codemal which really helps with these problems, but of course this is only a short term relief and I need something to help on a more permanent basis.

But if history, if had a few knocks and neck injuries due to multiple rugby knocks and a car crash. I still lead a very active life style playing sport about 3 to 4 times a week, although it is a challenge to play whilst feeling like this.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Anxiety has messed up.my eye sight a lot did your glasses help you at all
    • Posted

They definitely help my eyes (near sighted) but I start to get the agitated feeling if I wear them for a long time
    • Posted

O OK I'm going through the same type of stuff does it help you when you lay down like does a lot of the symptoms ease up?
    • Posted

The opposite. I need to be active to keep me distracted. It's worse when I'm in lectures or trying to sleep,
  • Posted

Joe --Have you every had an mri of your head?  Do you think you have had a concussion since your an active person? Sometimes head injurys get overlooked maybe it is worth getting checked out.  Good luck.
    • Posted

Thank for relying. I have had an MRI and blood tests and they all came back fine.

True I do have a few knocks to the end, but nothing I would consider hard enough to cause concussion

Apart from blood pressure being higher than normal (more than likely due to me stressing about it) in physically fit, just this feeling won't go away.

I'm going to try some tablets such as magnesium and vitamin B

• Posted

I'm struggling with this right now...or well the past few days. Did you ever figure out a solution or what was causing it?

• Posted

4 years later and im still struggling. i've had better days and worser days, but lately its been worse

• Posted

I think your muscles have suffered effects of damage and wear and tear because of your history. Its possible that bad accidents can grow in bad affection. I am partly mentally ill because i used to be a kickboxer and street fighter. I have suffered problems because of this to this very day. Stay safe and relax your muscles and exercise as much as you can, and the problem will be less of a burden.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.