Is the anxiety? am I going to die? please help me!!!!

Posted , 8 users are following.

I know I've posted on here once before and I got a few answers but now I have another question which I need advice, stories, and whatever to.

I've had on and of bad anxiety for about 6 months now. It gets better then it gets bad again. I had a few good days this week bit jusy recently my anxiety has been bad once again. From worrying about everything I feel to getting scared. Yesterday I had a mild panic attack at my therapy office. I got a tad bit better with the help of my therapist. Came home and got upset and started feeling bad again.

I woke up feeling very short of breathe too... kind of a choking kind of feeling and I thought it was a clot. Then later on in the day I started thinking I was going to get a stroke.

Today I kept waking up at night and felt completely weird. Likeep not myself and I felt like I knew something was wrong with me. I kept going back to sleep because I was tired but now I woke up and don't feel like that anymore. I'm afraid I'll have a stroke and of course a blood clot in my lungs. I'm feeling short of breathe too and I have some small pinching kind of feeling under my breast area and I'm convinced it's because I have a blood clot.

I need help on what to do. Been told by many doctors I don't have one, even got a catscan done and it showed nothing but they can form at any time and I'm scared I have one. If I go to the hospital they'll just tell me it's not a clot amd say it's anxiety and won't do another catscan. If I go to my doctor she'll say the same thing and well, I'm left with nowhere to go and my concerns ate still going to be there. I'm afraid I'll die because of it. I've gone to the hospital so many times already and everything has came back as me just having anxiety but WHAT ARE THE PUNCHING FEELINGS I HAVE?????

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Your anxiety is manifesting itself in different ways. There is nothing physically wrong with you - celebrate that ! some people are desperately ill. You are being tricked by your anxiety. Believe what the experts tell you - make them earn their money, and start to believe.
  • Posted

HeyZeidy,

i believe I have spoken to you before and like Ann said anxiety manifests itself in many ways. Remember this your mind is yours, it is as much a part of you as your arms and legs and just as you can control them you can control your mind. Anxiety is a cyclic illness, you get worried and that worry grows, it causes physical manifestation either pain or illness or social worries which only go to reinforcing your anxiety thus completing the cycle. I may have mentioned meditation, relaxation etc before and I cannot recommend them enough.

please be strong, you are amazing and you can hold your head high knowing that just because you are ill your not giving in

• Posted

I suggest you make an appointment with a a doctor who specializes in treating this disorder. There are some very good medications available for treating anxiety. This along with cognitive behavior therapy provided by a qualified Psycologist should  help you immencly. I have been in the place where you are and can say that you will get better. Let time pass. 
  • Posted

james what meds would you recommend?
    • Posted

Michael, I am not a Doctor so all I can do is name a few that helped me.

Valium

Xanax

Ativan

Lexapro

Zoloft

• Posted

Does anyone have a link for Mindfulness ? I had it a year ago and it was good - I'd like to use it again but haven't got it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.