Is the anxiety? am I going to die? please help me!!!!

Posted , 8 users are following.

I know I've posted on here once before and I got a few answers but now I have another question which I need advice, stories, and whatever to.

I've had on and of bad anxiety for about 6 months now. It gets better then it gets bad again. I had a few good days this week bit jusy recently my anxiety has been bad once again. From worrying about everything I feel to getting scared. Yesterday I had a mild panic attack at my therapy office. I got a tad bit better with the help of my therapist. Came home and got upset and started feeling bad again.

I woke up feeling very short of breathe too... kind of a choking kind of feeling and I thought it was a clot. Then later on in the day I started thinking I was going to get a stroke.

Today I kept waking up at night and felt completely weird. Likeep not myself and I felt like I knew something was wrong with me. I kept going back to sleep because I was tired but now I woke up and don't feel like that anymore. I'm afraid I'll have a stroke and of course a blood clot in my lungs. I'm feeling short of breathe too and I have some small pinching kind of feeling under my breast area and I'm convinced it's because I have a blood clot.

I need help on what to do. Been told by many doctors I don't have one, even got a catscan done and it showed nothing but they can form at any time and I'm scared I have one. If I go to the hospital they'll just tell me it's not a clot amd say it's anxiety and won't do another catscan. If I go to my doctor she'll say the same thing and well, I'm left with nowhere to go and my concerns ate still going to be there. I'm afraid I'll die because of it. I've gone to the hospital so many times already and everything has came back as me just having anxiety but WHAT ARE THE PUNCHING FEELINGS I HAVE?????

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

So what if what I'm feeling is actually a blood clot and by the time it gets really bad it's late because I kept excusing the pain I have as anxiety instead of something serious?
  • Posted

HeyZeidy,

i understand and your frustration and if you feel so strongly please go see your GP but I think you have mentioned before that you have done so. Piece of mind is important but you must try the diagnosis you get so you can focus on any ailment that may be causing these symptoms. Stay strong and keep talking, we are here for you

• Posted

Thanks, David.

It's hard convincing myself there is nothing wrong. When I think about it good, it seems so silly considering I've seen multiple different doctors and have gotten a catscan and nothing showed up. BUT when I feel pain in areas I've read and heard people get when they have a blood clot, that's what I think I have. I've also been thinking I'm going to have a stroke. They can happen but I think if I had any of the two I would either be dead by now, in the hospital, or in terrible pain.

I believe you know I have health anxiety. I know why I have it too.

I have a doctors appointment on the 12th to check if my d dimer went down, that will ease my mind considering if it's low the chances of me having a clot are little to none. But the 12th seems so far away still. I wish I could push it sooner but I don't think I can. The 12th can't come soon enough.

Then I'll know that the pains I feel are all in my head or better yet, I bring them upon myself. Especially after being told I'm 100% healthy by different doctors various times.

• Posted

Don't worry,

ive convinced myself I was having a heart attack before and I also know what it's like waiting for appointments. You just stay strong, I have put a post up on here about mindfulness (taken from the NHS website) that might be useful. You will be fine, stay strong and smile, even when it's bad try to smile 

• Posted

HeyZeidy,

You can google anything you feel and find an ailment. My knees ache does that mean I have arthritis? I am not belittling you because I know that you are scared but if you keep going like this you will become even worse. Relax, sit quiet and count your breathing, let thoughts pass through your mind like fish in a river, if you find yourself holding a thought let it go like a caught fish. Stay strong, stop googling symptoms and smile safe in the knowledge we have been there as well so your not weird (well no more than the rest of us 😀)

• Posted

Hi heyzeidy

all the symptoms you mention are symptoms of anxiety,people go cold and clammy with fear,with is what anxiety is, we get a pain and imediatly imagine the worst the pains are are us tenseing up which causes muscles to contract usually chest muscle and the more we become afraid the more the muscles contract convincing us something terrible is happening, I doubt very much that any one could feel if they had a blood clot, I totally understand what your going through I get terrible pains in my head and convince my self I'm going insane and it's very difficult to self talk myself out of it when it gets a grip on me, but with the help of this site,self help books and medication I'm seeing improvments, there are many posts on this site similar to yourself if you read some of them they might bring some comfort. Good luck with your recovery xx

• Posted

rhian & heyzeidy,

I know exactly what you're going through. I suffer through this almost every day. I've been having anxiety attacks for over two years. The first thing my doctor told me was not to google anything. Tonight before I fell asleep, I kept thinking that I might have a blood clot in my leg and I might have a stroke. I woke up an hour later and my left shoulder was numb then my face got numb-I'm sure from freaking out about my shoulder.

Rationally- I knew I may have slept on my shoulder wrong but my mind went to worst case scenario of having a stroke. It's 3am and I'm sitting on the computer googling stroke symptoms- I keep smiling and lifting up my arms to see if I'm having one; it's been 3 hours & nothing. After reading what I've typed it seems irrational but in while I'm going through it, it seems legit. 

Ativan helps me get through the bad nights like tonight, but self talk and breathing-- now that I found this forum; I'm more at ease to know that there are other people out there just like me cause no one at home understands the battle that goes on in my mind about my health.

Thank you for sharing and hope I can help too.

• Posted

I feel like you guys. I have bad health anxiety and I am so afraid I'm going to die. I've been having bad pains in my left arm, thumb and head and I thought it was heart related, but all tests for that came back normal, thank God. Now I'm terrified it's something in my head. I had a panic attack for the first time in years this past Friday. It didn't feel like a panic attack, but the dr seemed to think so. I had a pain in my thumb and I was pushing on it, was about to take some ibuprofen and started feeling strange do i started to freak out a little because it felt like everything was fading and in that moment all I could think was that I was dying...I was driving so I sped into a parking lot and jumped out of the car and ran over to a man who was getting into his car. He stayed with me for about 5 minutes. I was shaking, breathing heavy, my entire tongue and the roof of my mouth went numb. It just didn't seem like a panic attack. I am trying so hard to stop worrying, but I'm fearful out could of been a TIA stroke and the next one is just waiting to come. It's awful. I keep having physical symptoms.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.