Is the worst yet to come?

Posted , 3 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

been on xenical since saturday, apart from very bad wind and a poundin headache, i,ve not experianced the orange bit yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i,m doin my food focus thing and trying to stick to my 30gm of fat per day and trying to keep my calorie intake between 1400-to 1500 is this too much?

i,m following a low-fat diet and i,m on ramipril due to high-blood pressure,

i,m also takin a vitamin tablet as recommended,

Am i doin things right?

Any feedback would be much appreciated ruud1 xxxxxxxxxxxxx

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Ruud1...welcome aboard....your symptoms seem to be the same as some folk have...I didn't have them....some mentioned that drinking more water helped the headaches. Your calorie intake is at the limit.....but everybody is different. Don't know how your medication for blood pressure would affect it - I take Amias to keep mine in control and it had/has no effect on the weight loss at all that I can see.

Keep going girl....the headaches will go..give yourself a few more days...take it easy while your head is thumping...the BP will like the rest. Just give your body time to adjust.

Best wishes

• Posted

Hello there!

I suffered terrible in the first few weeks. I now drink a lot more and use tiger balm (small pot of ointment from boots the chemist about £4, you rub it on your temples)

Works for me. x

• Posted

Hi Taffysarah,

Many thanks for the advice on the tigerbalm will definately try it as my headache is that bad it is affecting my sleep.

I'm trying to drink plenty but I'm struggling with this as I don't drink much during the day I know I should but I can go all day without a drink so I'm definately trying to correct this.

Will let you know if I succeed xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Posted

Another thing that I find wonderful for the headaches are the cool strips that you can get. They are like blue gel on a fabric backing and they stick to your forehead. I mainly use them if I get a headache at night as the coolness of the menthol sends me off to sleep.

I even find they help with migraines!

Lelly xx

• Posted

Hi Ruud,

I forgot to say try macintosh smelling salts. My nan gave me a rather old bottle - what a whiff but sure does clar the synus! I'm sure you can still buy them these days.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up