Is there a chance of losing licence because of head pressure?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all basically I'm just wondering if anyone has ever lost there driving licence as a result of headaches and head pressure? In my opinion it does not affect my ability to drive safe at all, I have never blacked out or had a seizure or fallen asleep at the wheel, I've never even had a panic attack. I've got an appointment with a neurologist with the next few weeks. Thankyou in advance for any replies.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Paul,

No worries, if people were going to lose their driving licences because of headaches, there would be no women drivers wink

Now, being serious, it is unlikely that you're going to lose your DL due to frequent headaches. Saying that, a headache may be a symptom of a more serious condition - it is a good idea to see a neurologist, maybe have a head MRI to check that there is nothing wrong with your head. Anyway, I wouldn't worry too much at this stage. I hope you get better soon!

• Posted

Hey Paul,do you suffer from anxiety? Head pressure is common to those with anxiety. Definitely not a reason for your license to be taken away from you! Keep us updated on whatever your neurologist says,it will help loads of people here, trust me. I know there's nothing wrong with you so you posting this in the next few weeks will be of help. Best of luck!

• Posted

Thankyou for the replies. Yes I do suffer from anxiety I have a tendency to absolutely overthink everything. Like the driving licence issue I've been thinking about that a lot to the point where it fills me with fear of losing it. I will let you know the outcome of the neurologist appointment. Again thankyou for the replies.

• Posted

Np I'm glad I can be of help! Yeah overthinking sucks..let us know, don't forget! smile best of luck!

• Posted

Hi Paul

I shouldnt think so for headache or head pressure. My Son in law suffers regular bad migraines that can last a couple of days which can affect his eyes, body everything.

And he is a driving postman and his boss knows of his symptoms.

If you are in the UK you could look on DVLC website and see what it says.

It may tell you if you have to advise your insurance.

Im a woman driver but thankfully i dont have many headaches 😉

• Posted

Just a question about my neurologist appointment would anyone tell him that they suffer with anxiety and see if he thinks the symptoms are related or would you let him come to that conclusion on his own? Hope that makes sense.
    • Posted

I would tell them! It's important to not hide any information from your doctor as it can lead to mis diagnosis.

• Posted

Hi again all I know this is anxiety playing it's part big time but the thought of losing my driving licence has literally taken over my thoughts to the point where I'm scared to go to my neurologist appointment or even mention to him that I have anxiety incase he tells me I shouldn't be driving.

• Posted

You should go to your neuro, he'd reassure you and your anxiety would subside! He won't take your license because of anxiety. Loads of people suffer!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.