Is There a Pattern?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've always noticed that my anxiety comes to a head a week after my period. My medication is 10mg of Escitalopram. The first four days, I had to take half a dose. Now I'm on a full dose. My dad did some research on it, so I have a pretty good idea as to what it does. I need it for depression and anxiety. But still, my period skipped for three months and then went back to normal and I noticed that my depression has gotten worse and my anxiety will reach a high at least a week after my period. What's up with that? Note: I was also on the depo shot, but I've gotten off of that after almost a year of having it. I've had a history of anxiety. Also, I don't know if it's just me, but I feel that I wasn't as anxious when I was on the shot. Weird. So... Maybe a low amount of a hormone causes the anxiety to worsen?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yehh how old are you ? I use cerazzette so i dont get a paeroid which helps massively i dont use any anti depressants i just go to councelly which seem to helps
  • Posted

I forgot to reread that! I'm an idiot! I mean before I got seen and medicated, my period was irratic for a second, then regulated, and then my anxiety got worse.
  • Posted

I always noticed my moods and anxiety peeked a week before my period. I think harmones have a lot to do with it.
  • Posted

I have had horrible anxiety for the past two years. And it's always worse a week before my period and a few days after. I have been on the mirena which has the same hormone as the depo shot. How long have you been off it? My doc just removed the mirena a week ago and I feel like a whole different person! I have not had any anxiety or panic attacks. She did say that it could take my body about six months to adjust. Some people bodies just don't respond well to synthetic hormones. If you get a chance you should read about the levels of estrogen and progesterone around the time of your period. Before your period estrogen drops and progesterone is high which can cause serious anxiety. There are lots of natural remedies that can help you feel better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.