Is there an easy/obvious substitute for Mirtazapine?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been treated with 30 mg of mirtzapine since november, the first week and a half was absolutely euphoric for me but has settled down since then.

This pill has done a lot for me, from general mood and motivation to regaining my ability to work.

however since November I've gained about 30kg(66 lbs) in weight putting me at a definite overweight status, and this is starting to degrade my physical health aswell. I changed my diet and exercise a lot but this doesn't show at all on the scale to my frustration. I've not gained anymore weight for several months now but it seems nothing I do has any effect, good or bad.

It's clear to me that I can't stay on this pill in the long run and that putting off getting off it will only cause my physical health to degrade further, however I look back at myself from before this drug and I'm scared of regressing into that state again.

Question is if there's any other drug that could give me that same good effect as Miro(mood, motivation) without the severe weight gain I experience.

If it's also relevant I'm also treated with 225mg Viepax XR each morning. And have tried several SSRIs to no avail previously 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

There is a lot of weight gain with mirap I was at my doctors yesterday and I was on mirap for over a year and I gain alot of weight which in the end made me more depressed iv always been weight conscious I had an eating disorder when I was younger. The only antidepressants I was on that didn't gain weight was Efeexor and Quentapine but it's hard to know if they would work for you as an antidepressants everyone is different and I'm just very skeptical at this stage about them in general.

I met my psychiatrist yesterday and I decided I won't be going back on an antidepressants until my physical symptoms are gone she gave me a few days valum for anxiety but I don't like taking because they're so addictive. Iv to go get more tests done but I think this the one time in my life where it's not in my head I'm suffering from depression because I'm in physical pain.. guess I just hang in there and try not to give myself a hard time x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.