Is there anyone taking citalopram that is beginning to see improvement?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm suffering from major depression, anxiety and agoraphobia. I'm 3 weeks into taking med.

1st week - 10 mg

2nd week- 15 mg

and my 9th day at 20 mg.

I'm looking for some encouragement and help from people that have found that the medication is beginning to work and or has worked

this is a very lonely illness. it's scary and I dont know if I'll ever be me again. Has anyone ever felt like this?

all I want is to rewind the clock and be me or fast forward in the Hope's of bei g a better me.

please only positive responses. I cant handle any negative - it makes it's so much harder. 😪

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi,

so sorry that you are in this position. been there, still there a bit but i know exactly how you feel. i have been on setraline for almost 20 years but am in a position where i want to come off them now.

you tablets should help you but it will take at least 6 weeks for them to get into your system. i tried various anti depressants as others did make me feel worse but eventually found one which did help me.

there is nothing worse than being depressed and with anxiety. ialso suffer with a major eating disorder. i got to the position where i would not go out of the house and my last major panic attack i thought that was it. i even dialled 111 as i was so scared. i am lucky enough to have a close knit family and i had to move back to parents after many years due to various reasons. i must say that 8 have really wasted 20 years of my life on looking back and what ifs... you can not change anything oh i wish you could but there is still a new chapter in your life waiting for you. it will be hard but never been afraid to ask for help. i have seen so many councellors and im afraid none worked but only just recently i have a new profession i found through a friend of my mums. we talk every week and have done for the last 5 months. its not cheap but its better than winning the lottery. i do go out now, yes still feel edgey sometimes but i can see a future for me now and its so wonderful. please dont leave it like i did and just exsist for 20 years as it is such a waste and no life. please try and get all the help you can and if it doesnt work go back and ask for more help.

i sincerely wish you all the very best for the future as there is one for you. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.