is there anything stronger than 7.5 zopiclone

Posted , 8 users are following.

one isnt enougth so to be honest i have taken 3 or 4 at the same time i have exgausted my doctor by trying different ones and nothing works ?

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

As far as I know, the only things stronger than zopiclone is flunitrazepam (Rohypnol) and some of the barbiturates. After that, as far as I know, you're into anaesthesia.

Rohypnol, I suspect, is truly unlikely to work beyond 28 days.

Other drugs may work with zopiclone to improve its effect, but I don't think that any of them are particularly safe.

• Posted

So that is what the doctor meant about my options for sleeping meds should zolpiclone stop working well long-term.

I take 2-3 per night for the past three years now. Antipsychotics also help but it feels like you have been hit by a car when you wake up for the first week.

14-21.5 mg zolpiclone

75mg seroquel

225mg venlafaxine (morning)

Glad I got off diazepam after having 40-70mg per day at my worst.

• Posted

Stilnoct 10mg , but honestly having been on sleepers for 13 years and off now for 8 weeks they are all addicted xx good luck
  • Posted

My doctor has prescribed dosulepin, its an antidepressant which takes awhile to work.  Taking 1 a day, building up to 3 a day in 3 weeks.  Have you thought about seeing a psychologist/hypnotherapist to see if there has been psychological problems in the past which are stopping you sleeping.  Also you could try the on-line " Sleepio" which is an CBT course which helps to get the sleep back on track.
    • Posted

Im doing cbt and it is very helpful , good luck and you will get sleep just try not to get anxious about it , I did and since seeking help things are a lot clearer x
  • Posted

For 13 years I gradually got myself up to 10 tablets a night so 70 per week , felt fine at xmas had a melt down and have been off them 8 weeks now , thought I would never sleep but I am a few hours the 1st week snd gradually longer as the weeks have passed have faith in yourself you can do it x
  • Posted

I am intriqued that patients are prescriped 30 tablets of Zopiclone per week and more. How do they do it.
    • Posted

hi godwin39 no they dont they prescibe a month but i can take them all within  2 wks so then i run out and have none ive gone 10 days without any and still no sleep but doctor has just give me zolpidem 10mg still no good 
  • Posted

Very simple, they buy them off the Internet from the many overseas suppliers that you can find, and who will ship them in plain packages to your door, or you find a friendly private doctor, who will write you a private prescription in exchange for his 'consultation fee'.
  • Posted

Just ordered how you Lynda considering this post was 2 rs ago.

Thank you

• Posted

Sorry about the last comment....predicted texting just took over!!.

Was just wondering how you were doing today as this post was 2 yrs ago.

Many thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.