Is there something wrong???

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone 😊 I will be 2 weeks post op for a Rectocele repair tomorrow, apart from an infection that's cleared now ( I think ) I've been ok. Today I've been feeling really heavy down below and when I sit down feels like I'm sitting on something does anyone know what this could be as I'm really worried somethings gone wrong. I have been getting up and just bobbing round the house making brews wiping down and things for the past few days nothing crazy tho could it be this? Also my darling children have kindly shared their cold with me and I've been coughing and sneezing but holding myself as I do it.

So sorry to babble on I'm just worried that somethings gone wrong or is this normal?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello. What you feel is normal and I can think of a few ladies on this forum who will agree. You will be swollen from the surgery. I remember I couldn't sit probably for weeks after my repair. Nothing will have gone wrong, please don't worry.
    • Posted

Thankyou. Is it ok for me to bobbing round the house now? I'm really not doing much my husband is doing everything he's been amazing really. I wasn't having this feeling at all but just recently it's getting worse 😔 Don't know what to do for the best x
    • Posted

As long as you're not bobbing around on a pogo stick 😂😂😂 Seriously though do what you feel like in small doses and don't overdo things so when you feel tired, stop what you are doing and don't stretch yourself. Still no lifting though and sit with your feet up. If the discomfort gets too much try ice packs.
    • Posted

😂😂 I wish I could go round on the pogo stick 😂 Thankyou made me feel much better just need reassurance every now and again xx
  • Posted

Hi Mrsg,

Glad to hear you have been doing so well.

As for that, heavy feeling down below. Mate is the expert and will probably answer soon!

I remember about 2 week mark, I experienced that heavier feeling down below; I put it down to anesthetic and strong pain killers wearing off, as I cut down to just parecetamol. I think as I was feeling more, I became aware of the bulge swelling where the stitches were.

Heavy feeling can also mean that you may be doing too much, progress has to be carefully introduced, just a little every day and see how it goes . We still need plenty rest over the first 6 weeks!

Look after yourself and take care,

Phyl x💖

• Posted

Meant 'Matron' is the expert.
    • Posted

Thankyou I really haven't been doing a lot at all and have mainly been sitting and chatting with friends lol. I did do abit of wiping down today so that could be it maybe too much 😔 I just don't know how much is too much. I'm so glad I've had this op but my god it's so boring lol xxx
    • Posted

It us really boring, a very long recovery.

If you feel heavy down below or lower back gets sore it's your body saying you've done too much.

Everyone recovers at different rate, I know that I hardly did anything for 1st 2 weeks and only made light lunch, a little eye level dusting, and short 5/10 min walks X2 daily over weeks 3&4.

You will find your own pace as you find what you can comfortably do .

Take care,

Phyllis x☺☺☺

• Posted

Thanks Hun gonna have a day on the sofa tomorro been told off by my husband lol xx
    • Posted

That's great he's looking after you!

It's so hard to sit back and let's others do things for us, when we are so use to doing things for not just ourselves but everyone else!

Make the most of it, before you know it you'll be running about like a spring chicken again!

Phyl x☺☺☺

• Posted

Hi there hun.I'm 3 wks anterior and I know the feeling. To Mr its like I have a stuck tampon in wrong

It makes you feel the surgery hasn't worked..not forgetting we have repair stitches and then the wound stitches.

Makes yuou feel you want to hold yourself when walking.x

• Posted

That's exactly how it feels it's awful 😔 I've just said its like a tampon in wrong to my friend lol. Are you still loosing discharge? Sorry to ask I'm still loosing and having to use pads not sure if that's right 😕 Sorry for tmi xxx
    • Posted

On the pinned post there's information about the different stitches but remember a lot depends on what repair you've had and the surgeons choice of suture.
    • Posted

I'm confused what stitches I've had or what they do on a back and front prolapes opp ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.