is this a acid reflux?

Posted , 2 users are following.

i am complaining of sore throat since march 2014 followed by common cold ,cough and sneezing with a little burping,i took some tonsil medicine and it was gone . but again after two weeks i got the same symptoms plus one morning i discovered a little chest pain and then vomitted twice just cough no food no water. i went to the doctor, he prescribed me omeprazole 20 mg once daily fr 3 weeks .which i have started taking one day back but i am really scared after reading its side-effect in the leaflet as my doctor didnt discussed anything before handing me the medicine plus i am on contraceptive pills because of pcod ,so i am afraid if it will cause me any side effect lately and also i am afraid of whole acid reflux thing ,is it that chronic disease please help me if one of you have recovered after taking medicine.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I took dexilant (PPI too) for 2 months for gastritis and esophagitis and it helped with my symptoms while I was taking it. I did not have any side effect beside the rebound when I stopped but I did not stop gradually like I should have, also I don't think I was cured when I stopped. The rebound effect went away eventually.
    • Posted

thnx alot fr these information i was really scared, will also read ur books smile
  • Posted

From what I read the PPI cause problems if you take them over a long period of time: many months or even years.

I cured my gastritis and reflux with diet and natural suppements. 

• Posted

The books that helped me most are "dropping acid" and "ulcer free"

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.