Is this a form of flu ?

Posted , 6 users are following.

HELLO EVERYONE . I POSTED EARLIER IN THE WEEK ABOUT FEELING UNWELL . IM SO FED UP AS IM STILL POORLY . I AM IN PERI STAGES AND 51, BUT THIS VIRUS HAS KNOCKED ME FOR 6 . FEELING SICK , DIARROHEA ,CHILLS ,SWEATING, THE MOST SEVERE BODY PAINS THAT I HAVE EVER HAD , NO APPETITE , MIGRAINE AND JUST WHEN YOU THINK ITS GOING AWAY IT ALL COMES BACK . IVE HAD THIS OVER A WEEK NOW .MY DOCTOR SAYS IT SOUNDS VIRAL AND 111 SAID THAT IT JUST ALL THE SYMPTOMS FLAG UP FLU AND THAT IT WILL GO IN TIME . WHAT SHOULD I DO ? SINCE PERI I HAVE SUFFERED TERRIBLY WITH HEALTH ANXIETY AND STOMACH ISSUES , SO ALL THIS REALLY ISNT GOOD FOR ME . MEANT TO GOING BACK TO WORK TODAY , BUT BEEN AWAKE HALF THE NIGHT NAUCEOUS AND HOT AND COLD AGSIN . I REALLY CANT COPE BUT NO ONE SEEMS CONCERNED

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jane sorry you are feeling this way it is hard ,I have been peri for 4 years was doing ok till may last year had stomach problems, low back pain feeling sick and anxious headache was just feeling rubbish all the time had to take time off work

Then I took a urine sample in to the doctors as I started going to the loo a lot and had a UTI it is so hard to know if it is to do with been perimenopausal or you are just ill, still not feeling that good been given different HRT hoping they will help .

Hope you start to feel better soon

Take care

Paula

• Posted

I'm sorry to tell you I have been like that for 5 years, since my hysterectomy. It's a blooming long virus! Hormones affect every part of your body I'm afraid.

• Posted

Hi Jane

I think you've been unlucky and have caught a virus. I've had cough and sore throat since middle of December. I stopped HRT meds at Christmas as I didn't like the heavy periods. I then felt so unwell I visited the GP on NY day to be told I had a chest and throat infection. Took antibiotics for 7 days and slept 12 hours at night. Still no better. Doc said now nasal infection which was viral. Now day 11. First day I have woken before 10am and don't feel tired! Fingers crossed its leaving my system.

• Posted

Hi, ,so sorry to hear it. I have been going through the same except for diarrhoea. It is been a nightmare. I feel blocked and coughing badly (and peeing as I caugh) I think du to perimenapause our body is weak and can't shake it off easily. My daughter who is 9 years old had it first. She was up withing 3 days. But it has been 10 days for me and still suffering. Get better soon. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.