Is this a hot flush ?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello everyone. I wonder if you can help me . Every now and again I get this feeling of nausea and a feeling of heat that only lasts a matter of seconds that travels through me and often goes through to my legs . Does this make sense ? Am I just weird or is this how a hot flush can go ? Also my fluttery and full unsettled stomach has seemed to have come back and lasted all week . I am 49 and my period is due tomorrow , lately though they have come from just over 3 weeks or 3 and a half weeks since my last one . This is actually quite late for me . I'm just fed up of all the symptoms that I have seemed to have accumulated , especially the stomach issue and permanent headache lurking in the background . I mustn't forget the health anxiety that's always there as I think I'm stuck feeling like this for the rest of my days and never really felling well again . Can anyone lend me their thoughts . Thank you . Lots of love Jane X

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes, it is.

How long will it last, a while. What can you do? Be strong and find coping mechanisms.

Femarrelle can help with women who are not post menopausal. Sage and Black cohosh as well help.

Sleep with light clothing. I always would have a fan at hand, - normal hand fan, not electric one.

Also exercising helps a lot.

Wishing u all the best.

Natacha

• Posted

Sorry to hear you are going thru horrible time. I have not had a period in almost 2 years but time to time still get the symptoms like it's coming but never does. Headaches, sour stomach and very high anxiety. I know when my boobs start to hurt the other symptoms will follow. I promise you once your period stops for a straight 12 months you will begin to identify why you have these symptoms. Try taking a multi vitamin and extra b12 this definitely helps.😊

• Posted

Does that mean that my horrible feelings my stomach has is all today with peri ? I am so worried that it's something serious and that I will never be rid of it . The doctor put me on citalopram earlier this year as I had had ill health since losing my mum last year and I just haven't got better. I've had so many tests including going to a & e thiniking I had heart problems , but it was all anxiety and grief . It hasn't been a good year and a half and I am so over it ! Hugs and kisses Jane

• Posted

Anxiety plays a key role in peri menopause. If not treated it can turn into a huge depression. Happened to me. I myself am on citalopram and it helps me a lot but on HRT as well.

Anxiety triggers off stress, which triggers off pain, usually helps he stomach and tight chest are the ones to suffer.

Try downloading the app Calms and doing some relaxation exercises. U need to help yourself to fight these symptoms. This is the first thing I have to do. It will take a while but don't despair it gets better.

• Posted

Going through meno is miserable for some of us. I had no idea these symptoms were meno. I went to the doc for many of my symptoms and turns out I have Celiac disease which made my meno FAR worse. If you've not been checked I highly recommend it.  Plus I found out I was allergic to the caffeine in coffee and chocolate. If you are like amost all women, you crave it during your cycle. I did and every month I got sick as a dog, thinking it was simply th meno.  ALL my migraines came from the caffeine. It took me 45 years to figure that one out!  I felt like such a dolt redface

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.