is this a mental illness?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello 

this been going on for a while now 

basically all of the time i wave to my friend ,i get the feeling he dislikes me or is mad at me. but in reality he is not then sometimes when someone is talking to me i feel like the are yelling at me but their are not. i also feel tired ,nervous sometimes that i won't be able to see my friend again. i am on cymbalta right now for depression

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

This definitely sounds like anxiety/depression to me also Co dependancy, I know because I have this also.then what happens you start over thinking things and convince yourself that there actually true. Talk to your docs again if your medication isn't working.

Take care xx

• Posted

Hi is there any medcation i got add to cymbalta to help with this thanks 
    • Posted

I'm not sure sorry, I've never heard of the meds your taking. I take paroxetine and sometimes diazapan if I'm having a very bad day. X
  • Posted

Hi ,

I can so relate to this...Around 18 months ago i had an episode of depression my doctor said i was highly stressed and prescribe me some statraline. I did start to feel better after a while so i stopped taking them. In the last few months i seemed to have developed a constant anxious feeling and i always feel worried and paranoid about thigs. I automaticaly feel people dont like me and they think i am weird. Even my closest friends i believe do not like me anymore and can see me as a bad person. My confidence is really at rock bottom at the moment and i do feel i dont belong anywhere or fit in, i used to be so bubble and care free.I only feel comfortable when i am at home. I am going to the doctors again to discuss this, i was hoping this would be another short term episode but this appears to be going on too long..I have only just come across this website but it is comforting to know i am not on my own.  

Thanks for listening

• Posted

Hi your is slimar to my problem ,i am going to the dcotors next month ,(April) this month is almost over to see maybe i can get some more meds ,I hope you fee better
    • Posted

I hope you do too.. I really didnt want to go down the meds route again but this is becoming a little unbearable now... im giving myself headaches worrying about everything!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.