Is this a panic attack?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi my name is Allison and I'm 31 i have been diagnosed with ocd and I also get panic attacks this all started when I was 16 . I haven't been on any medication before I've always been able to deal with the ocd and panic attacks i was on luvox 8 years ago for ocd but went of it after 3 months cause the side effects . About two months ago my ocd flared up i was dealing with a lot of stress about six months before the ocd flared up anyway i was dealing with the ocd for about a month then I started to get these strange attacks out of nowhere i had a sudden intense feeling of doom coming also felt like a complete lose of control and it felt like insanity was near my mind was racing very fast but at the same time it felt like i couldn't think these feelings lasted about three hours non stop the whole time i had no normal phys physical symptoms that i always get during a panic attack i did feel like my breathing was a bit shallow and my hands felt bitsh

0 likes, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

Sorry for some reason i wouldn't let me finish my post my hands were shacking a bit and that's it no fast heart ect these attacks went on daily for a week and lasted for three to four hours ever since this ive felt like I'm not myself like my life is in familiar and strange I'm also rea
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

have you consulted your doctor or a counselor about these? If not I recommend it.  Did you ween yourself off with doctor directions?  See some of us have a chemical imbalance in our brains that can't necessarily be fix with counseling alone, or medications alone.  Some of us like myself have come to the conclusion that I may have to take them the rest of my life possibly.  Think to yourself, can a diabetic really just stop taking insulin? Thats the way it is for some us that suffer with anxiety and depression.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi michael thank you for your reply I've looked into using inositol for ocd and anxiety I've just ordered it so I'm going to try the natural route first . Does this sound like panic attacks without the physical symptoms I've never experienced this before so I'm confused ?
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi thank you for your reply so its a panic attack even though I had no physical symptoms what's so hard to accept is how do I not fear the attack when I can't control it normally my normal panic attacks I can calm down by deep breathing ect but this attack is just crazy any idea what I should do I'm just really fearful of this happening again which I no makes it worse but how dies one overcome such s horrible attack that lasts so long thanks again
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Regular exercise, making time 10-15 to just focus on relaxation.  Stress causes panic attacks.  So find ways when you are stressed to take time out to relax. Those of us with anxiety disorders are hypervigilent about our anxiety, then say we get stressed out a work, a fight with friend family member, our anxiety can get maxed out from the stress.  Practice relaxation everyday as to calm the nerves so when we do get stressed, we know how to handle our stress. With deepbreathing, mindfulness, etc.
      Report / Delete Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up