Is this a symptom of diverticulitis

Posted , 3 users are following.

good morning.

im still trying to get my head around when i should be asking for antibiotics as diagnosed a couple of years ago ....ive had a cold for the past week ...yea just a cold no big issue but ive just got constant diarrhea, everything i eat seems to just go straight through me a couple of hours later and i have a constant ache in stomach, not real strong pain but constant ache..i just feel unwell...should i be getting in touch with gp for antibiotics ?all advice welcome

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

is the pain low in the abdomen? Thats where mine starts...either way, thats a long time for stomach ache...I would have it checked. Best of luck to you. This is such a tricky disease.

• Posted

Hi pennypops, have you had this diagnosed? I would certainly see your doctor, if it was dv infection you wouldn't be able to move and in severe pain that's my experience......at that point you would need anti biotics. See your doc

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.