Is this a withdrawal sympton

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am wondering if my tickly throaght/chest wheezy cough/bit sicky feeling that doesn't seem to go away with asthma inhalers may be a withdrawal symptom coming off citalopram. Can anyone relate to this?

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Carol,

To be honest I cannot say! However, I just thought someone should say Hi and reassure you your post is out there and someone has read it - just not the right one yet.

I am sure the right response will be along soon.

Best Wishes,

David

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Have you actually come off the citalopram or are you in the process of coming off? The tickly throat and wheezy cough could be related to the withdrawal but then again it could be something else entirely. I suggest you put it to your GP and see what he says. You could actually be using your inhaler too often. Good Luck keep us posted.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi David and Gwen

Thanks . Yes I finished Citalopram completely a month ago. I had an asthma apt and nurse suggested Dr apt if it didn't clear up. I am just doing some research before I book an appointment. Strangely enough I have kind of abandonned the inhaler in the last couple of days and feel better already. I also tried some anti acid tablets , so really not sure what is behind the symptoms or the improvement.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Carol,

Things sound like they are coming together for you and learning about all this does (if you don't scare yerself) help you to work through all the stuff. Also, you will soon find out if your Doctor is enlightened to our problems and knows what they are talking about. Fortunately, mine does, she is fantastic!

I hope your positive progression continues!

Regards,

David

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up