Is This All Anxiety

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, about this time last year I started taking panic attacks and think I was going to die, my head told me everything was wrong with me and I didn't believe any doctor. Well about 4 month ago the panic stopped kind of but the all ways feeling unwell never went away, Im dizzy 24/7, my neck, head, shoulders and stomach are always sore, my tounge feels burnt and swollen and now the lower part of my right legs feel numb and my ankle hurts, the doctor says it all anxiety related but I'm not so sure. Any help or advice would be great x

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

It's anxiety!!!! I had all those symtoms!!!

But did your doc to blood work? To rule anything out?

Hang in there!! And try to think positive and keep telling yourself you are ok and it's just anxiety!! Breath as well!!!

Try not to be so aware if your body .

You are ok!!! Any stress going on in your life right now???

• Posted

Hi Kerri 00009,

Thanks for getting back to me, I've had more blood tests, ct, ultrasounds this last year than I've had in my life. They say everything is ok. Ive had nothing but stress this last 3 years, I lost my mum who was my best friend, i miss her everyday and want her here, she was iller than she let us know,she never even told my dad. Me and my then 10 year old daughter found her.  I think that is what started me not believing doctors, they gave her antib's for a chest infection and it was fluid on the lungs and her heart that was the problem, she also had tumors in her trakki.  

• Posted

Im so sorry to hear that , that must be so tough for you sad

Have you talked to a therapist? That might help you ??

My dad is sick and I'm not to sure how long he will be around and that has a lot to do with my anxiety as we'llsad especially because it's his heart , so I worry about my heart toosad

Hang in there smile I'm here to talk when ever hugs smile smile

• Posted

Hi, I was attending a therapist for a while but things started to get bad and I really didn't want to leave the house, I seem to have lost interest in alot of things, my car was one of my favourite things, I could'nt drive far do to a hip-replacement I had but driving was my fav thing, if things got to me I used to go for a drive to clear my head but now can't be bothered.

I'm sorry to hear about your dad, these things are hard, but you have to make the most of the time you have with him.

This is horrible, I went from being a happy busy person to to this thing I don't know and don't recognise, and when I think I'm getting a step forward I end up taking 10 steps back.

• Posted

Just try to stay positive smile

And go talk to someone again smile

I know it's hard but if you force yourself it will get better

• Posted

Is the back of your tongue white? you might be experiencing candida overgrowth in your body.
    • Posted

Hi thanks for getting back to me, no, the dr has checked that and says no, but it is very dry.
  • Posted

Sounds like health anxiety. Drink a lot of water throughout the day and see if that helps your muscles feel better. Hopefully you excercise at least thirty minutes a day even just walking too. Maybe you need to just get stuff circulating in your body.  
    • Posted

Hi thanks for getting back to me, I drink lots of water everyday and walk as much as I can, I can't do much excersie as I have a hip-replacement which has never been brilliant.
  • Posted

Hi LA,

I also had 24hour dizziness/off balance for weeks on end. I ruled out ear disorders and I did a ton of tests and nothing was found. I also could not believe that it was anxiety...I am not an anxious person but was having very frequent panic attacks. Even when I was not having one, I was nauseous and dizzy. I would also get numbness, feel tingles in my arms and head, etc. I went to an endocrinologist who ruled out other disorders (thyroid issue, diabetes, andrenline gland issue, etc.) so it really was anxiety causes almost 20 symptoms. They were not "in my head" but vey real to me and affected my day to day life. I tried new meds, started yoga, and continued to read helpful books and websites to cope.

• Posted

Hi Sara,

Thanks for replying, I know exactly how you feel, I was not an anxious person either, but know everything sets it off, I can be watching the telly and it starts, there is'nt a part of me that does'nt hurt or feel different from what I did before this started, How are you doing now, did the meds help? I have been given Cit but am scared to take them!

• Posted

Everyone assumes anxiety comes from stress but it did not for me! It all started one night when I was relaxing, about to get into bed and I suddenly felt overwhelmed which I can now define as panic.

I have also had it start up watching TV, and also when getting my nails/hair done. I have had to run out of grocery stores and malls because I feel like I may pass out or fall from dizziness. It's been a year and I have been a bit better. I try to do yoga to relax because there's days when I know my heart is beating really fast. I force myself to leave the house but the paranoia of panicking in public again in there still. I have been on amitriplene and its helped but it made me gain weight, so I hope to try something else. This website helps me as I felt very alone and sometimes like I was going crazy. It's hard for friends/family to understand. I was scared of meds too but I was getting desperate. I just wanted to me again, and get out of the bubble.

• Posted

My doctor has just prescribed Cit for me...first tablet taken ....I am really anxious now....having read the side effects...but that's me...think I must be mad. I feel so disappointed that I am having to go onto medication. anxiety has taken over my life...I just seem to wait for it ...early morning is the worst....stricken with fear..dreading the day. I even have a headache now....Just thinking about a side effect....it first started 2 years ago after two major operations....now I seem to think I'm Ill all the time..I thought I'd got rid of it last summer after doing mindfulness and meditation...but then I was ill with a bug...plummeted. I still meditate 3 times a day....so am really disappointed ...sorry not really a reply more of a moan

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.