is this an oral ulcer? found inside right cheek

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have this bump inside my right cheek, It seems like a scratch from eating but I am not sure. So I have a dermatoscopic camera from my engineering lab (never been use) to see the inside of my mouth and I found this. it looks like an ulcer, but I never seen anything like it. I can also flap the bottom part up and down, maybe just because it is quite big. the length of the leasion is 1 cm across with a width around 0.3 cm . is this just an ulcer? should get this check out by a medical professional?

(https://patient.azureedge.net/forums/images/upload-sm/1229896-636849619033838584.jpg)

Many thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

get it checked out it may be a canker sore or worse get it checked out

• Posted

Hi Theo..do your your teeth meet up where the scratch is? Do you chew or suck your cheek? It may be your tooth has a rough bit and keeps scratching it. How long have you had this? Maybe get it checked out and the gp or dentist may tell you what to do. If it is from your teeth the dentist may file your rough tooth down.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.