Is this anxiety?

Posted , 3 users are following.

It doesn't take much for my heart rate to speed up and then I worry about it more and then I get really bad palpitations. I've had bloodwork done, a 24 hour holter monitor (still waiting for results..), and an ultrasound of my heart which I was told my heart is perfect. Most of the time all it takes is for me to roll over in bed and my heart races other times if I stand up my heart beats hard and slow and then speeds up, it really worries me and I think it gets worse because I constantly think about it.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Nicholas

Thank god I'm not alone so either I am exact d same n its very hard not t worry bout it wen it speeds up etc even if we try our subconscious will any how. I find wen it happens I try t carry on as normal n distract myself but sayin tat I had it til 2am other nite I cudn sleep n kept thinking my god I've t b up for work in 4 he's n this is happen in again! Deep breathing is really fantastic I think it works for me most of time wen it doesn't I just ride it out till it stops n I pray I ave decent sleep next nite... Ur check up all clear tat relief for u so u no its anxiety related. I work as a HCA in hospital nni no a far amount try not t over think n just remember gosh there r others going thru exact same thing n are OK nothing bad happened keep ur chin up!

• Posted

Yes, it makes me feel better knowing I'm not the only one that feels this way, it makes me wanna lay in bed and not move at all and thats not like me (I have ADHD) because I feel like if I move it'll beat so fast that my heart will just explode, I find deep breathing works wonders also. Thanks for the reply and I will try my best to keep my chin up and keep moving. smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.