Is this anxiety?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I am a 17 year old male senior in high school, and my life has been a living hell for the past 6 months. So it all started back in late October of 2014 when I felt sick and missed almost a week of school. Since then, I've been having persistent nausea EVERYDAY. I also have lots of gas, I belch excessively. I'm fatigued all the time, part of which is probably because I'm not getting good sleep. Also, I frequently have diarreah in the morning.

I've been to the doctor and they give me acid-suppressing medication and send me away. I've tried various medication (tecta, rabeprazole, metoclopramide, ranitidine and sucraflate coating) none of which have helped. Blood test/stool test/breath test came back normal. 

Can this be anxiety causing these symptoms?? The only thing I'm stressed about is the fact that I have nausea, gas, fatigue. Why am I not getting better? What should I do?? PLEASE HELP

2 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

I have those symptoms also. I'm 18 and I have anxiety, so I'm pretty sure that's what it is for you too.

Really, anxiety causes SO MANY different body aches/pains/weakness, etc. Your tests are normal, but you still have doubts. That's how it is for all of us with anxiety. We just have to accept the fact that that's what it is.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I guess I'm just having a hard time accepting it. I always think what if it is a physical problem? Can I ask how you deal with symptoms like nausea? thanks
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I always think it's a physical problem too, but you just have to keep telling yourself it's not. smile

For nausea, ginger tea seriously helps. If you get nauseous a lot, drink ginger tea because it really stops that. And honestly, teas are better relaxants than, like, medication.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

hi andy. i find ginger biscuits help the nausea & helps zap up the stomach acidity too.

good luck

Caitlin.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up