Is this anxiety?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello, i'm new here and don't really know if this is the right place to post it but here it goes.

About a month ago i started feeling somewhat bad with general feelings of choking and what not. My doctor said it was gerd gave me something against it and it was mostly fine.

From that point on however it started something that has lasted till now. Me believing that I have every type of cancer there is. Most of the fears went away but one hasn't. My constant fear of me having a brain tumor.

I don't know anymore. I've had some troubles with my vision for the past 3 weeks or so. Started with ocasional blurryness which went away after a while. The it went to me just feeling like my eyes are heavy and that i'm constantly tired. Which now, again, changed to my eyes feeling sometimes tired and other times either fine or just a little blurry/like i have a white haze in front of me for a few seconds which mostly get's away when i blink a few times.

Apart from that my left ear feels full. I mean, every time i swallow both of my ears make this static/crackling sound which is more noticeable in the left ear.

And the one thing that is really getting to me is my memory. I've always been known to have really good memory. Now, for about a  week and a half I feel like i forget things i did around 2-3 days ago. Right now i can somewhat remember everything up until last thursday with me being able to tell exactly what happened today. But as soon as i go to bed and sleep the next morning is me again, going over everything that happened in the last 4-5 days with me barely being able to remember what i did for example yesterday from 7-10pm.  On the other hand I have no problems remembering things that happened before that one and a half week time period.  

Also i feel as if (this happens sometimes. Some days it's more noticeable than others) as if wherever i go i'm not there mentally. Like, i have this weird brain fog that is just there. For example just went somewhere for 1 hour but that hour felt 1. really short (days seem to go by way too fast for me. I end up wondering how i'm already awake for 9 hours when i barely did anything today.)  2. it feels like i'm not there mentally. I talk with people but it feels like i tell my body to do something and then my mind wonders off elsewhere. 

Now, this post might not be the most well versed and i might have not articulated myself very well, but all i'm really asking is that if it is possible for all of this to be caused by anxiety or my fear of brain tumors that makes me imagine all of these symptoms. I had none of them 4 weeks ago when my throat acted up. It mostly started when i started reading about brain tumors. And since then regardless of what anyone tells me i can't seem to stop shaking/being afraid to no end about the possibility of it and me dying.

Is it really possible that this is anxiety/depression ? Severe one at that ?

1 like, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

It all sound very farmilar to me,and it does sound like anxiety.

There are 100's of symptoms and just as you get rid of one another comes along.

Are you taking any medication?

I did not believe it was anxiety until I came onto forums like this and realised I was not alonecool

• Posted

I'm only taking some pills that help me calm down for a bit. Usually everything i feel besides the ear thing goes away/is barely noticeable but for example right now when i'm in full blown panic mode my head hurts in 3 different positions my ear feels full and my eyes fell really tired/like i have vision problems even tho i shouldn't have since my vision itself hasn't worsened thought i needed new glasses but the lady said that she tried 20 different lenses and the ones that worked best where the ones i already had. I' going to visit my doctor tomorrow to ask him what he thinks about all of this and imma go to an eye doc. in a few days. 
    • Posted

The best thing to do is get a full medical check up if all the results come back clear then the chances are its anxiety and your options with that are medication and therapy

Stay Strong

• Posted

Yeah, till now i had blood work done which showed that everything was fine. A chest X ray that showed the same and so on. My pupils when shining light upon then do change in size normally. 

The one thing that is keeping me in check is the fact that i know that everything till now was normal and that my symptoms should be constant and not come and go when they please (if i had some illness) and of course people (like you) that tell me that it might just very well be anxiety and i thank you for that. I really do appreciate it.

• Posted

I have had depression for 16 years the anxiety only started 4  months ago I went to a and e twice thinking I was having a heart attack or a stroke  it wasnt until I came onto this forum I started to learn about anxiety

Good Luckcool

• Posted

Thank you very much smile .

Same to you. Have a nice day.

• Posted

You might be right. My whole day has been me just constantly working my brain stressing over something. The headache only started after i took something to calm me down. 
    • Posted

Forgot to add that the headache is also causing me to have some trouble swallowing. It still goes down but the act of swallowing (water for example) seems harder. Almost like the sides of my mouth have a hard time are tense when i swallow
  • Posted

It all sound very farmilar to me,and it does sound like anxiety.

There are 100's of symptoms and just as you get rid of one another comes along.

Are you taking any medication?

I did not believe it was anxiety until I came onto forums like this and realised I was not alonecool

• Posted

I have generalised anxiety panic and health anxiety and everything you I have described I get that too I get tons of other horrible symptoms too

It's awful but it's harmless although it feels like it's going to harm us anxiety actually can't

Hope you feel okay xx

• Posted

Its aniexity i have all these symptoms just relax you dont have a healt problem,if you want to be sure its aniexity go to a doctor and tell him your symptoms
    • Posted

thanks smile

Do you also get random headaches that seem to last for 15-20 minutes? Sometimes they are worse then other times and sometimes after they stop i get random pain in one point of my head

• Posted

I have had all of these symptoms,especially the headaches. As Catherine said, it can't hurt you, you can only hurt yourself by thinking into it too much.

If I feel panic coming on, I sit back, take a deep breath, smile and carry on. It's all a mind game.

Be sure you are on the correct meds, I am on propranolol, I can't fault it.

Stay strong

• Posted

Thanks a lot smile

got somewhat better now. Right now it changes between headache(around the back of the head and the back of the top part of my skull) and random breathing difficulties. It's like, either one or the other not both at the same time. Should go away tho. Not to concerned about that one.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.