Is this anxiety?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi. I've had a bad year so far. I was sick with what they think was pneumonia in January with two UTI's and I was on a ton of meds for these issues and had a hard time clearing my lungs. During this process I developed extreme high blood pressure and heart rate along with flushing, dizzy, hot sweats freezing feeling faint very shaky dry eyes tingly hands feet and lips burning in nose and throat, itchy, rash on neck and blotchy arms and legs. . Anyhow they tested me for all sorts of tumors that release hormones, lupus, Cushing disease. I was also having severe anxiety at this time which I never had. Well things settled down after about two weeks. All my tests are negative every one. My only thing off was some hormones they say pre menopause. Anyhow I still fear getting sick I am constantly breathing hard to hear of my lungs are wheezy I analyze every ache and pain. I am fairly positive I have fibromyalgia I am going to see a rheumatologist they told me few years ago I had mild form but I am sure it's worse I have a different ache and pain daily sometimes muscle sometimes joints. And it changes daily. I am also tired but I don't sleep all day or anything. I have no issues sleeping at night. My skin burns a lot and hurts to be touched at times. Past few days my neck is like someone is squeezing my muscles. I am not sure why. When I wake up it's not as bad and as day goes on it gets worse then I worry and a cycle starts. Sometimes I feel dizzy and faint and sometimes I feel my face is tingly and cool. I had my fiends at work do an ekg on me today. I feel itchy and like I have a rash. They say my last episode was a huge allergic response. Every time I get my mind going I feel like I can't swallow or breath sometimes. My pain is awful. I think I am getting myself all worked up. I do have Xanax they gave me before. Can you stay on that forever? It just takes the edge off for me. I hate that I worry so much about everything. I really can't handle much anymore. I always feel like I am going to be sick. Every pain etc I think all these things of what it could be. Everyone tells me that all my tests are negative and I'm fine. I don't feel fine I feel sick and say I am sick and not right. It's controlling me and I don't know what to do!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi lisa, I also have some your symptoms. I have racing heart, muscle twitches, hot and cold sweat, joint pain, I feel dizzy and sick most days. This also started from when I had a bad chest infection that took 2 lots of antibiotics to get rid of. Then I got a stomach bug after it which meant more tablets. Whilst on some of the tablets I had two days of a racing heart I had a ecg done and some blood works all come back ok. I have felt ill for a few month now and my doctor has said its anxiety and stress thats making me feel like this. Ive been pu on fluxitine antidepressants. Ive had nearly 3 weeks worth and I am managing to go to work but side effects are bad. I have not slept properly in over a month. My doctor said it could take up.to.8 week for.the meds to work. I hope they do.like you tjough I keep thinking it must be something else to make me feel so sick. I am also waiting to start counselling

Mel.x

• Posted

Hey chickie,

I think getting yourself checked out for everything is the first step. If it all comes back clear then its more than likely anxiety. Its hard to accept, it took me a while and many many tests later. I was actually really healthy but my mind was telling me otherwise.

My symptoms were constant vomitting and nausea. I would be sleeping and wake myself up to be sick, insomnia, heart pulpitations, nooooo appetite, throat felt like it was going to collapse in and always tight, numbness in arms, headaches, eye twitching... you name it, I got it!

It all started happening when I went in for a common operation but had complications and ended up in emergency for a week. I was very sick for months before they diagnosed me with health anxiety. I went on medication which helped and the symptoms started to dissapear over time but I think the biggest part was accepting I had it. Learning mindfulness, talking to professionals, excercising all helped.

I still have anxiety moments like RIGHT NOW but I get over them quickly and am off medication too due to being pregnant.

Oh.... google was the devil too. Try and not Google, it will fuel anxiety. Happy to talk more if you need too.

• Posted

I forgot to mention that I had your symptoms when I was having panic attacks which were constant at the start. Its not a nice feeling and very debilitating but can be controlled.
    • Posted

So far all tests I have had are negative they say I'm healthy. I don't feel it though. I worry about getting sick and every ache I have I think is bad.

• Posted

I was the same too hun. It will get better, you just need help, support and possibly antideppressents. Don't rely on xanax, its a short term fix. Do you find many symptoms dissapear when you take it? Has the doc gone through medication options?

• Posted

They just gave me Xanax. It all started with a huge immune allergic response in addition to having severe anxiety I had a ton of other symptoms. I was really sick. That went away but I fear it happening again. I also had two UTI that were resistant to a lot of antibiotics so I worry about that. So every time I have to go or feel burning I think it's another UTI. I had one then two and half weeks later it came back plus I had pneumonia that took a lot of meds and four weeks to clear. I may have had a viral one also. I was really sick. I was out of work two months prior to this I have never had anxiety or anything. Everyone says I'm fine now and they move on. They Xanax takes the edge off that's really it.

• Posted

Hello Lisa.

Yes many folk believe they have a serious illness when they feel the way you describe but in fact it is really down to anxiety and the controlling effects it has on your mental and physical wellbeing.

Have you had a stressful time of late or experienced any psychological trauma such as loss of a loved one or a close friend ?

Neil.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.