is this anxiety attacks if I don't feel anxious

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I've been suffering for probably over a year now but still not convinced its anxiety as I'm not anxious, only about this, I have many symptoms shakey hot and cold flashes night sweats, blurry eyes, feeling like my eyes are

Staring, bloated, nausea, achy jaw, unsettled feeling. Then suddenly from nowhere all hell brakes loose and I feel I'm going crazy I think my heart is going to stop my legs go to jelly fingers tingle and I notice my breathing changing, not every episode is the same but it scares the crap out of me. I do manage to stay at work and get through it but only just. I never say anything and don't think people around me notice what I'm going through.

This week its happened three times already.

What I don't understand it apart from this m life is good and I'm happy so why is this happening? When its passed I feel fine and carry on as normal

0 likes, 9 replies

Report / Delete

9 Replies

• Posted

Unsettled feeling? What do you mean?
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hello Jo

You don't mention your age, which is quite important.  At the first reading of your post, ANXIETY screams out.  The symptoms are typical.  It is possible to have panic attacks when you are not altogether aware of any particular worries or stress. I am sure others will reply similarly, and a little more info from you may help as well.   Good Luck.  Stay calm.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hello again Jo

Your blood tests would have been checked for all sorts of things.....most of the body functions...kidneys, liver, sugar and probably more.....ECG normal......so nothing to worry about there.....

My son has been under some awful stress, and today had ECG....all OK.. symptoms put down to long term anxiety....  He has been prescribed Citalopram.......Chest pains, cold hands....all put down to anxiety......Hope this is a little bit reassuring.  Good Luck.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I was exactly the same as u at first I had 3 attacks in one day at work and like u I said nothing I just struggled on to home time and when I got home I had another it was pretty bad and I rang the out of hours dr for advice and when I said my symptoms of the racing heart they told me to go to a & e which I did....I had an ECG and full  bloods and   all was fine so they said it was panic attacks....part of me was relieved and the other part of me was mortified as I felt I had wasted their time.....little did I no it was just the start as when I woke the next day the physical symptoms hit me like a ton of bricks..... I wasn't an anxious person and life was good so I couldn't understand it I was convinced they had missed something so my gp re-did bloods etc and again all was ok!!! I tried so hard to break the cycle but I couldn't as I didn't no the triggers and the   physical symptoms were hard to deal with as I work fulltime....so after months of trying to fix myself through diet exercise and practicing mindfullness I started on citalopram and I'm starting to feel like my old self again 
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi

Its such a relief to know someone else has experienced a similar thing, glad to hear your coming through it.

I've had numerous ECGs and all fine also bloods twice although I'm not totally sure what they. tested. Def thyroid and glucose and all were fine. If I could put my finger on a reason,thought that triggered it maybe I could make some sense of it all but like you there's nothing. Just unbearable phsical symptoms. Today started rough but I pushed my self to go to work and although not problem free it was better. I think I will try the exercise and mindful techniques first and see if that helps. My partner doesn't understand he just thinks I'm overreacting.

Can I ask did you ever have a long period off work? I'm terrified I won't cope and will loose everything

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi.....I find anyone that hasn't experienced anxiety will think u are over reacting!! I had thyroid and all checked and as much as I didn't want thyroid disease it would have give me a direction but all was fine....after I ended in hospital my hubby made me take time off but it was only 3 days I took, I was exhausted from doing nothing...looking back I'm not sure it was a good idea as I found I thought about it 24/7, I find it tough going in work but it is a distraction......Once I accepted anxiety I was able to control the attacks but I couldn't seem to shake the physical symptoms, I found exercise helped but one I relaxed the physical symptoms returned I also tried numerous herbal remedies and diet changes but nothing worked so that was my reason for starting medication.....my gp has been fab not once did she force me to take anything I saw her every week to chat about progress etc and when all was failing I asked her for something and she was happy to advise me on the best course for me....I still attend her ever 2 weeks
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks for sharing your story you've given me hope. I thought about not going into work this morning but then realised if g stayed home I'd be alone all day swallowed by these feelings.it was hard but I feel proud I survived another day. I've downloaded numerous apps and meditation cd tonight so I'm trying to be positive.not sure if my 12 week kitten will give me the peace I need to meditate tho lol. Take care and thanks again x
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

It takes a lot to get up and get out in the morning but well done for going!! Try guided meditation I found it the best....feel free to message me any time at all xx
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up