Is this anxiety? Heavy head drunk feeling 24/7 for four years?

Posted , 2 users are following.

4 years ago my life was extremely stressful...i was only 21 years old...working part time trying to go to college full-time. My mother and I got kicked out of our home due to money issues we were forced to move somewhere we werent happy...my car was broke down everything was going wrong. I came home to find my mother trying to overdose on pills...so after weeks of extreme stress I woke up feeling heavy headed unbalanced. My brain felt like it was vibrating I was anxious. It felt like i was in a dream like state disconnected from everything. I ended up at the ER. They just diagnosed me with an inner ear infection and sent me home saying it would get better in a few weeks. I was almost blacking out and filled with fear. I had always been an anxious person. I had my first panic attacks at age 13 due to more stress at the time. So anyway I've felt dream like and heavy headed for 4 years...the anxiety went away for a while but the dream like heavy head never did. It got worse a month or two ago due to more stress...my doctor gave me escitalopram (lexapro) to take. I havent taken it yet cause im scared and worried about the meds side effects...what do you guys think anyone experience anxiety like this? or should I ask for more tests at the doctor? I keep thinking its probably something worse....a brain tumor maybe?

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi 😃 ,

I am currently trying to manage chronic anxiety inbetween meds as I am anxious about side effects.

A couple of days ago I found some great vids on You Tube. .

Search for

The Anxiety Guy

His advice was very helpful to me and hopefully may be to you also.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.