is this anxiety normal? will I ever be happy again :(

Posted , 3 users are following.

Iv post natal depression and anxiety and I feel lightheaded all the time and feel unease in my own skin. I feel like I'm floating sometimes and things seem unreal. Sometimes I feel like I'm loosing my mind and need to run run run in panic its awful. I'm top scared to be alone. Soon as I open my eyes I'm hit with it! Anxious over nothing but constant. Been on sert 6weeks at 50mg a week at 75mg I get moments I feel OK which is in the evening when I'm just sat with my husband watching TV but just getting up to wash the pots sends me into a lightheaded brain spin

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

My face Tingles too around my mouth it must be anxiety as It increases with certain things but it's hell and I can't function well at all. Iv a 8 a 5 yr old and a young baby I can't see the light at all although iv had patches where I'm OK they don't last and iv yet to manage to stop in my home alone
  • Posted

Yes this sounds like depersonalisation, very common with anxiety - but also I know very distressing, once you can get your anxiety controlled it should lessen
    • Posted

I just don't know of it call the sertraline a day after 7weeks doctor wants me at 100mg first but I feel so flat and calm yet still anxious (I don't get angry stressed no more ) still get fearful and dread
  • Posted

Hi

Sertraline can take up to 12 weeks to really work. I was in 50mg but still anxious so upped to 100 mg and I'd say it took a good few more weeks for me to feel ok. Stick with it you will get there, it is hard I know, I felt terrible for so long but I'm back at work now and able to enjoy life again.

Hugs to you xx

• Posted

I hope so Liz I love my family so much and its killing me been so useless and numb sad

Its been 75mg for a week and today iv not been too bad and even spent a little time home alone which would normally have me running out in dizzy panic loosing my mind. Dr says aim is 100mg and at 100mg he thinks I'll get much better . glad to hear your happy ending x

• Posted

Overthinking about the possible negative outcome of anything creates anxiety and ultimately results in stress. Stop thinking much and start doing. Focus on one thing at a time and forget everything else. Easy said than to bo done. That is the only way. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.