Is this caused by anxiety?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been getting random muscle twitch like all over and it will be one twitch at a time, and when muscle is relaxed, also sometimes get my toe twitch and then stop when I move it?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I get the occasional twitch or jerk when my muscles are relaxing, apparently it is common in anxiety symptoms x
  • Posted

Hi Charlotte, I think this is just another symptom of anxiety, when I am really bad both my calves twitch and jump about something awful, if I sit in the bath the twitching makes little ripples on the water, and you can actually see the individuak muscles jumping around, Its just when the anxiety is heightened, try not to worry about it, just try to accept it, chances are it will then improve,
  • Posted

Hi charlotte,

Yes, twitching is another symptom of anxiety I'm affraid. For me it only comes on when my anxiety is bad. I just try and ignore it and accept it and it seems to go away after time.

Are you taking magnesium tablets?

• Posted

Be careful of magnesium tablets. Do not take them unless your doctor recommends. I just talked to mine again today about that. Taking any one mineral by itself can upset your whole mineral panel.

The foot bath soaks and a magnesium spray are both okay.They both put a relatively small amount into the body. They soak through the skin in moments and do the trick. They don't affect your body the same way as a tablet. I just wrote on another thread, that to take the pills can be really bad news.

If you are determined to take the pill, PLEASE, check with your doctor first. Your magnesium level may be perfectly fine...just when anxiety spikes, it is TEMPORARILY depleted. Using the foot bath (not whole body bath) or spray, takes care of the problem. The little you absorbed is used up to relax your muscles, and your own normal mag. level goes back to normal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.