Is this depression?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have this fear that I'm going to turn into a vegetable I know a lot of you all may notice me as I have posted quite often as of late about my anxiety but now I feel a numbness like I can't get any feeing or questioning if I feel or what to feel

I really need some advice I'm currently on Lexapro but I haven't taken enough for it to take effect I think as I was prescribed 10MG but have only taken a half dose for two days now

I don't wanna be a zombie or vegetable I wanna be happy but I don't know how I want to be here can someone teach me how to stay positive I need advice on how to be happy how to be positive has anyone been numb deeply but found their way out of the fog the malaise the emptiness

Please I need your help I want to get better please help

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Chris, I am sorry you feel so numb. First, there are no magic words that will fix you. You have to be proactive and work on your life since it is your life. You have to sit with your feelings, all of them and see what is the reason for them. Have you had a physical exam to rule out a physical cause? Have you ever tried CBT or cognitive behavioral therapy? It helps you challenge your irrational thoughts. What have you done to help yourself besides medication and counseling? What about diet, exercise, supplements, reading a book, praying? When did you start feeling this way and what was happening at that time?
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I try to get twenty minutes plus of cardio a day, my diet isn't terrible but it isn't great, I believe me and my therapist are doing CBT, I'm having a bit of a odds with my faith trying to find it again after losing it in this process, and I struggled with depression since I was young but I could at times find my way out when I was in college I dropped out from depression and spent the next four years battling it on and off I'm now twenty two but I think my mom a year ago having a heart attack and then myself having medical issues that resulted in painful catheter and months bed ridden and anxious about it helped make this worse but I felt like I was getting a grip on everything until three months ago when I had my first anxiety attack that sent me to the ER I thought I was going to die and partially blacked out from hyperventilating though looking back on it I think I've been having anxiety attacks since high school that had me making brash decisions it's part of the reason I stopped becoming a two sport athlete

My dream is to become a script writer and musician, I wanna be a husband one day and if god willing a father

I'm very passionate about getting better I just need to find myself again I'm living in fear and constant doubt of myself because I've had so many "Ah Ha" moments that proven only temporary before something anxiety or obsessive (OCD) hit me again

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Morning Chris. You have been through a lot so realize you are not crazy but your feelings are trying to fool you into thinking that. You are clearly a very sensitive type and I totally get that. I am too. We sometimes feel like aliens even when things are 'normal.' You sound like a sweet guy and if you want to be a husband and one day a father then I think you will be a good one. Ride this wave and make some decisions and commitments to yourself about your health and you wil eventually feel better. You can't remember the light sometimes when you are in the darkness but that is where your faith comes in. Faith doesn't go my feelings but what you believe to be true that goes beyond the crisis of the moment. Breath deeply and try not to let your mind race to the worst case scenario. Find your strength and resolve to tell yourself you will get through this. God loves you and has a wondwrful plan for your life. Listen to inspirational youtube videos and don't be afraid to sit with your pain and even embrace it. Breath through it and know that there is a light at the end of this tunnel. Be around people that support you and are not negative. Don't expect them to totally understand because you really can't unless you have been through it. But plenty do get it and find those that are swimming and not gasping for air. You are very young and I am not. I have lived through a lot of heartache and God is my constant companion. He will never leave or forsake you. Cry out to him and pray and listen to inspiring music. Get out mode in nature. Feel free to reach out to those who care, but put God first. Have a blessed day!

Report / Delete Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up