Is this Fibro?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi folks,

I was overdosed on a very strong antibiotic that ruined my central nervous system 11 years ago. Now I suffer from pain all over my body all at the same time. From head to toe I have tenderness and pain. My legs , arms feel like they are burning, they have a weird feeling that I cannot explain. It feels like there is some type of energy flowing through my arms and legs, a little feeling of buzzing.

I get these burning and buzzing feeling in my behind as well. My stomach is ruined. I have developed gastritis and even normal foods can trigger a episode of acid reflux and then that reflux makes my fibro symptoms very scary. The headaches become more intense and the burning of my limbs become scary as well.

Lately my body is in more pain. I had some bite in the back of my head about a month ago and I was scared that maybe I have gotten lyme disease. I had a blood test done a month and it said that I had no lyme antibodies .

I am not fatigued more than usual. All I have is more muscle pain these days, i never saw a huge rash or anything. I am very active and lift weights and do treadmill 5 days a week. I hate fibromyalgia but Im scared of getting lyme.

My body pain is horrible these days, it's really bad. I take nothing to deal with this, except i take a hot shower. Im scared of taking tylenol or pain killers because i dont want to ruin my liver/kidneys.

Do you folks think I have lyme disease? I am going to Dr next week and I want to get on the antibiotics to rule this out. 15 minutes ago i was going to take a shower i felt that my behind was burning and like a bee had stung me. There is no marks or no bees around me, it just felt weird.

My arms and legs feel like a mild fire burning and buzz/jello feeling.

Dealing with this pain 24/7 and being hit in all areas all at once is a nightmare and bless all of you for sticking it out smile

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi mr if your gp has ruled out Lyme then I don’t think they will give you antibiotics a lot of what you described is symptoms of fibromyalgia you should see a doctor for a referral to the rheumatologist they will be able to confirm the diagnosis if it is fibromyalgia. Then you will get the help you need,acceptance of your limits will help you control Fibro and you may need to take meds to help with the pain but you need to control the Fibro don’t let it control you. Hope you get relief soon x
  • Posted

Hi Mr42206,

First I want to say that I’m sorry your going through all of this and that God loves you.  I have been having similar symptoms  as far as the fibromyalgia goes and very painful headaches.  I do take 1 -2 Tylenol a day Tylenol is very gental and helps me.  I feel the best when I avoid salty foods, sugar and caffeine.  I ate a slice of frozen pizza and drank a ginger beer with it the othe day a I felt like my head was going to explode.  You said your a weight lifter so I’m sure your probably in a high protein diet.  I use to be a no carbs all protein fruits and veggie girl but I’m finding if I eat balance meal like a  sandwhich I feel better.  I’ve been eating ham on a  croissant with tomato and avacado or egg with avacado and blueberries.  Those are the things I have been doin the best with, plain foods.   Do you have bats where you live maybe a bat bite.  Have you had any animal bite in the last two years?  I hope you can find some relief and this helps 

• Posted

I have mild burning of the hands and knees at the same time and it is frustrating. The pain is also frustrating. Does anyone have burning hands and feet/limbs at the same time. What do you do to get relief. When I first got fibro 11 years ago I stopped lifting weights and stopped the gym for 6-7 years. Today was a gym day but i didnt go, this fibro is really depressing me and I have no support from anyone. I have no family, just myself to support and it's very depressing....

• Posted

What the pills name which you got overdosed 11 years ago?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.