Is this from using vitiman c with rosehips??

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had bv and read that inserting vitiman c with rosehips in your vagina overnight gets rid of it. I did that for 3 nights and it did go away, but now I have this thick brown discharge. I am over due for my period but there's a possibility of pregnancy. Is this my period or from the vitiman c??!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Haven't used the vitamin c method myself...But also haven't heard of brown discharge from it. How much time has passed since using the vitamin c?

it definitely could be your period. what kind of brown are we talking about? My period is always a dark burgandy/brown at the beginning and end.

I vote take a pregnancy test if you're anxious (not sure if you want to be pregnant or not). Or in a few hours it should go from brown to a color you're more familiar with if it is in fact your period.

• Posted

The brown discharge came along probably around a day or two after. I've had this for a good four days now, no signs of red blood yet. I heard of someone getting an Orange discharge after using this method, but mine is a dark brown. But it's straight brown, no redness or anything. If I don't get my period by the weekend I will take a pregnancy test for sure
    • Posted

That's weird! Because of the timeline I highly doubt the brown is from the vitamin c.

I do know that brown discharge is associated with pregnancy. In my head I thought it was a later in pregnancy thing....But maybe I'm remembering wrong and it can shownuo this early. Something to look into.....

• Posted

Yea I'm definatley gonna do some research! It's just weird cause I've been wearing a pad just in case I get my period but it's just that brown discharge and when I wipe it's nothing, only on the pad.
  • Posted

Brown discharge is old blood.....it could be from the vitamin c as I hear some say it makes them bleed it could be pregnancy too called implantation bleeding and the blood is just old.  Take a test if you are late dollar store ones work just fine found out all 5 times I was pregnate with those.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.