Is this gonna be the answer to my prayers?????

Posted , 4 users are following.

The smile on my face when the doc said he would prescribe these tablets for me was a mile long!!At last I am gonna lose the weight and be happy....Now I am not so sure!!Firstly I am actually scared to take them (aka The orange oil)also not exactly clear how they work!!Can someone explain pls,so if I eat to much fat and take a tablet then this will give me nasty poo's,yes?If I eat to much fat with no tablet then nothin will happen,is that also correct?What about if I dont eat to much fat and have a tablet then how does that make you lose weight???Sorry if I sound like I am bumbling on but I need to get it!!!Look foward to your responses!!

thanx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I started Orlistat On saturday.I had my first experience of \"orange oil\" this morning.Its not too bad lol!

If you eat alot of fat it comes out in your poo if you take the tablet.If you eat alot of fat and dont take the tablet nothing will happen.

If you dont eat anything fat the tab wont work because it has nothing to work on,if you know what i mean.

So far so good for me :lol:

I cant wait to lose weight :D

• Posted

so basically if I followed a low fat diet without the pills it would give the sa me results????
  • Posted

I think so but the problem sticking to a low fat diet is that it is easy to cheat at least with the tablets you don't cheat or at least think twice about it due to the side effects!
  • Posted

Yeh.You will lose weight but the Orlistat gives you a bit extra weight loss as it stops you absorbing most of the fat.

Plus the side effect make you think twice about eating fatty foods,lol. :lol:

• Posted

Keep popping the pills....stick to a low fat diet.....and u`ll be fine.

Good Luck... smile

• Posted

Hey Teejay19,

The tabs work in your tummy to stop you absorbing 1/3rd of fat. So even if you eat low fat you will still lose weight faster as you're only absorbing 2/3rds of the fat you've eaten. If you have a meal with no fat at all in then there's no need to take the pill. If you eat a very high fat meal and don't the pill you won't get O/Oil side effects BUT you also won't lose any WEIGHT :!: So best idea is to stick to as low fat as poss and keep popping those pills :!: Hope this has helped.

TTFN Kal :wink:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.