is this hashimotos or hyperthyroidism

Posted , 6 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hi. So heres what I know. I have not felt my true self in some years now. I am hoping someone can advise me wether or not im sick or just a hypochondriac. Symptoms are extreme fatigue. I can get through work but am always fighting my eyelids from closing. When I get home it feels like I cant do anything without taking a nap and if I do im out for the night. My head starts to feel very warm like when you get a fever. My bowels are in chaos. Diarrhea, bloating, gas, all constant.it is normal to have a bowel movement at least 7 times a day. Usually more than that tho I hardly have a memory, I cant concentrate. I get nervous in conversation because its hard to follow what anybody is saying. Latley I have had some vision problems. I get caught in these deep stares and really have to shake back into focus. Almost a crosseyed feeling. No libido at all! Impotent. Have nt had a sex life in years. Hard to gain weight but always hungry and am always eating. I keep a pretty healthy diet and do exercise only bcause it seems to temporarily help with energy afterwards. Also my mom has graves disease. I greatly appreciate any advice. Thank you

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello, 

i have hyperthyroid -graves. If you haven't seen a doctor, then you need too.

some of your systems I can relate too. I couldn't gain wait, had anxiety , inner body would shake. These were the sighns in the beginning. I recently had double vision, which I had to have treatments of radiation on my eyes to shrink the eye muscles. But I do believe the graves comes after you have had issues for awhile and depends how severe it is. Hopefully this will help.  Good luck. Keep us posted.

• Posted

Sounds very like some kind of thyroid issue. Get blood test done asap. However this is not always definitive. I was unwell for two years, not badly, but not myself. Thyroid tested - all fine. In 2010 I became extremely I'll, all hyper symptoms. Blood was negative. My doctor ran every thyroid blood test every couple of weeks. Nothing ! By this time I shook so violently I could not stand unassisted. Lost half a stone every two days. Had blood done daily for 4 days. On 4th day came back with 0 TSH and T438. Put on high dose Carb, was well in a week but.........! It has never really resolved. Even when blood says otherwise I can have serious symptoms. Moved house,new docs, they have been awful. To cut a long story short I have ditched gluten,eat a paleo diet and take 4500 mg acetyl carnitine daily( a smaller dose  does not work )I started this in January this year. Was in complete despair. I am now really well and improving daily, I take no other meds and am almost symptom free - just a few minor issues like rashes. I feel like myself for the first time in years !!!
  • Posted

Certainly sounds like you have very similar symptoms to the ones that I had and I was diagnosed as being hyperthyroid.  I had absolutely no idea that I had something wrong with me and just thought I was suffering from stress.  The only extra thing I had towards the end was I got very, very weak and all my muscle seemed to waste away.  I definitely think you should go and see your doctor as soon as possible though.  Good luck.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up