Is this herpes?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've also posted this on the genital herpes forum.

Had an encounter where the condom broke and went to get tested. The results came back positive for HSV 2 and I went to a doctor for treatment, but they told me they might be false positive and examined me (this was the day after the event below occurred). They told me that given my sexual history I had nothing to worry about and could even tell my partner it was nothing, but to come in if I experienced any symptoms and tell my partner to the same (he tested negative for everything, but its only been about 2 weeks since the last time we had sex). However, I'm still incredibly worried and have been extremely stressed and upset since I found out about the test results, especially since a previous partner admitted to taking off the condom without me knowing after I confronted him about a chlamydia infection. I've also read that it is very unlikely for an igg score above 5.00 to be a false positive.

During an episode of spotting that lasted about a week and a half (I take birth control continuously and this happens when I miss a pill) I began to get an abnormal yellowish discharge that smelled off. The discharge stopped soon after the spotting did, but for about the last four or five days it has felt odd/uncomfortable, although not painful, to pee. This follows a strange and slightly uncomfortable bump about the diameter of a quarter (under the skin, no lesion) on the right hand side of where my pubic bone is located that came and went away after a few hours (ocurred after an extremely stressful moment, but I'm not sure if that's relevant). I've also had several weird and unexplained momentary flashes of discomfort in my vaginal area the past week and think I may have had swollen lymphodes where my right thigh and lady garden meet. I have felt the weird peeing sensation (which lingers sometimes even if I don't actively need to use the bathroom) before when I was diagnosed with chlamydia a month and a half ago, but I tested negative for all other sti last week. So far no itching, pain, or obvious lesions. 

I decided to check it out with my camera phone and since I don't regularly check myself this way, I don't know if this is normal for me. My question is if those are herpes vesicles around my urethra and vaginal opening. You may have to zoom in bc they are pretty small and clearish. 

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Does it burn when u pee or touch it? Is it an unbearable pain?
    • Posted

No burning when I pee- but it doesn't feel great when I start the stream and when I stop it (sorry for the detail lol). Likewise, it doesn't feel like much when I touch them. Actually, it doesn't feel any different than normal when I touch them. Sometimes if I sit in a weird way, I feel something, but its not pain and its not all the time. 

It kind of feels like I need to pee a little bit even after I pee, but I don't think its a UTI. 

• Posted

Hey did you go to the gynecologist??? 
  • Posted

I think you should go to the gynecologists to get it checked out because it doesnt look like herpes but theres something wrong down there if ur having strange feelings of discomfort
  • Posted

Hey did you ever figure out what this was? I have the same symptoms and has chlamydia less than a month ago.
  • Posted

Did you find out what it is I have the same Thing please update us

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.