Is this herpes?

Posted , 5 users are following.

This morning appeared painful spot in my penis that looks like this, is this herpes?

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Here is another picture.

• Posted

Hey Jonas

It your penis all ways that red.?

Have you changed your soap or laundry detergent. It looks like a split in the skin or have you have anyone give you oral sex that had a cold sore. That is what it looks like more then regular herpes

Or it just could be from masturbation if you do it. Try to hold off for a while an give it a rest

If it does not go away go to the doctor. Wash with warm water and pat try do not rub.....Ken

• Posted

Thank you for your reply Kenneth! Someone gave me oral, but did not have any visible sores.. I have had irritation for a while, but believe it is that red since I stretched it while taking a picture.. I need to follow this and see where it goes.

• Posted

Jonas

I read a article that said that if you have oral sex and even if they do not have any sores on there mouth they still carry the virus.

Did a little looking. It said that it can look like a razor burn and red spots.

You are going to have to go to a Urologist to get a Anti Herpe cream if you can get it.

But all the test game back negative. So that may not be it.

I know I use Cortizone 10 for my circumcision line. It itches some time worse when I scratch it.

It also said that it can help if you drink more water take cool or warm baths and pat dry don't rub Also lose cotton underwear.

Good luck hope this helps.......Ken

• Posted

Thanks for good tips Ken.

These blister(s)/wound are stinging when washed and I can feel pain when touched. Hopefully, will stay this mild in future as well. I will follow how these blisters develop within the next few days. Otherwise I am feeling just normal. Annoying thing, but could be worse..

• Posted

Buddy

That is not a good place to get rash and blister. Just be careful when you wash and if I were you no sex of any kind for at least 2 weeks.

Get it healed and if it is still wont go away get your butt to a doctor. Not he last one

Take it easy.....Ken

• Posted

imageimage

• Posted

After reading about HSV looks pretty much like that. Don't know what else it could be.

I made a big mistake four months ago and had unprotected oral sex with a sex worker. Seems that I have now permanent reminder of that. 😕 Hopefully this is my first outbreak and this won't be bothering me every month.

Another thing is that I have to start serious talks with my girlfriend that I have let her down. I am very glad that she is not having any symptoms yet. However, one mistake can change your direction of life... very sad about this. Hopefully, you guys stay healthy!

• Posted

Update after several (4-5) hours.

• Posted

Hello

Get the blister swabed, just in any case to be sure.

• Posted

I was able to swipe the white area and then it was like this again. Quite confident this is herpes.

I had STD test for basically everything, but herpes before. However, I am abroad and need to pay every visit from my own wallet and previous test were already over 300 dollars. Therefore, I am not so happy to go there, since it would cost another 60+60 dollars + the test/swipe.

Anyo

• Posted

Update after 24 hours:

• Posted

I have herpes and this is definitely herpes. i would go get swabbed so they can give u a prescription for valtrex which helps alliviate the symptoms.

most people who have it never get a breakout so they wouldnt know and they dont test for herpes in an std screen because it isnt considered serious as it doesnt harm you really. its a skim infection. after the First outbreak it gets easier

• Posted

Did the blisters feel soft or firm?

I'm afraid too 😦. It must of been dormant for me and i think i have one single.

Did it start off smaller? how long did it take to get like that? these comments are never found on this thread...

• Posted

Thank you mil and elaine for your replies. The first picture shows how it started, I felt slight pain in the morning. I cannot say if its firm or soft, but it is definitely painful when touched. I didn't notice any tingling the night before. However, I have had irritation for a while and I used anti-fungal cream before the blisters appeared, so don't know if that triggered this outbreak.

I would guess that this is caused by HSV1, but I will follow the progression. Now it is 48 hours and it seems to be getting better, so I can consider my self lucky to have such mild symptoms.

• Posted

After 48 hours

• Posted

Thanks for the reply! so from what i understand they were bubbles at first and then they burst. and while in bubble state, they hurt when touched? do u notice any bumps on the actual head (mushroom part)? im wondering if it looks different from the ones on thinner layers of skin. (thin layers like before the mushroom head part).

and stay strong! i know people in person who still talk about enjoying there sex lives! obviously at first they were down, but it gets better!

• Posted

That's the only spot I have anything on. You are able to see the progress from the pictures. I cannot say if there was any bubbles really.

And thanks! I'll e okay with this. Could be worse!

• Posted

glad to hear you'll be fine:).

when u meant bubbles, i meant small bumps lumps. but if u say they were tender from when it first appeared or when u first noticed, i think i understand .

trying to understand the actual first visual signs

• Posted

Yup, it was sensitive/painful from the beginning. However, every day getting better. 😃 Now I can touch it and wash it without stinging pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.