Is this Herpes?

Posted , 5 users are following.

These small bumps aren't painful but they are itchy. Could this be the early stages of herpes? I have a cold sore and i'm scared i may have touched it and then touched down there and gave myself genital herpes. imageimage

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Edited

u cant spread herpes to your genitals if u have it on your lips

• Edited

my friend just had it spread to her by someone who had a cold sore and went down on her. Her doctor told her that it doesn't happen often but it is possible under certain circumstances.

• Posted

never happened to me or my partner we both have oral hsv1 and have oral sex never passed it on to each others genitals iv had it for 16 years

• Edited

image it says your body produces antibodies that prevents it happening your sores dont look like herpes but u should still go to a doctors could be fungal or bacterial skin problem

• Posted

your body builds up antibodies to prevent it from happening once u have it orally

• Posted

I have read the same on the WHO and John Hopkins site but have still been freaking out. I have carried HSV 1 orally probably from childhood but was first tested in like 2002. I didnt get cold sores like my sister, but nose sores instead. However, I keep getting non-painful little blisters that group together to become 1 near my anus. It drains after a couple days, the skins stays on top and it heals under unless I wipe it away by accident or try to pop it. (sometimes the outer area skin just goes back to normal) Then it leaves an painless ulcer for a couple of days near my anus. I had it swabbed at the ulcer stage and it was still wet because i had wiped it the night before and it came back negative for HSV 1&2. My doctor didnt think it looked like herpes but I brought it to her attention during a regular visit and when i said it had a blister the day before she suggested testing just to be sure. I have taken HSV tests at 2, 3 months and 7 months and HSV 2 is negative ( I had a low false positive at 2 months). My HSV 1 antibodies are always high so i should be pretty protected from contracting it vaginally. And while I am sure no HSV2 now I am still paranoid about 1. My main doctor says it sound like a reaction to something. I know its a lot but what do you think?

• Edited

it could be a skin related issue id say see a dermatologist and get there input on wat they think it is as some skin conditions can cause blistering aswel

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.