Is this herpes? First ever outbreak

Posted , 2 users are following.

Initially, I thought it was a shaving bump because I has used a new razor which is very close to the skin and when you look closely, it does look like it is an ingrown hair. However, I am worried, because observing the pictures over the past couple of days, it does look as if it is getting bigger/more spread. Also, to me, the reddish ring surrounding the spots does indicate some form of infection which is why i initially believed it to be herpes. I was also looking into Folliculitis, which seemed promising when comparing pictures.

I've had only one sexual partner this year, we broke up 1-2 weeks ago. I had booked an appointment to see the nurse, but they could only see me on the 20th. Prior to the bump, I booked just to get myself checked - I get tested before and after every sexual partner/relationship.

If it is herpes, what do I do?imageimage

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

my best advice is to go to the clinic and get it swabbed asap. hopefully it's nothing

• Posted

I've had it swabbed about 2 hours ago. Going to wait for my results - the nurse said it more than likely is from what it looks like - but I could be wrong. When she swabbed, it was the worst pain so it more than likely is. She gave me medication anyway

• Posted

Ah fair enough, fingers crossed for you that it's not but even if it is it will be ok. I had what I thought was an outbreak a few weeks back but couldn't get to a clinic before it healed to get it swabbed so I'm in the dark as to wether I have it or not. Let me know how it turns out

• Posted

no update yet but the medicine i have to take has reduced it in size massively

• Posted

Ah that's good anyway what medicine were you given?

• Posted

I was given Aciclovir for three times a day for five days. It’s made me super ill though. But the sores have gone which is enough confirmation for me to believe have herpes. Also, I had gone through some of pictures I had taken of my ex and there indeed a cold sore on his lip. So there’s that. I can’t be angry about it anymore. I’ve got it and I have to live with it x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.