Is this herpes?? Please someone help I’m very scared!! (lots of pics included)!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been experiencing a tingling discomfort in my vagina for about 5 days now (similar to when i have had BV/thrush). In the past month I have had unprotected sex with two men (i feel very stupid now). i noticed the sensation around the 3rd day of my period but I ignored it thinking it was because I was using tampons for the first time. 2 days ago while after shaving i noticed it hurt when i touched down the side of my labia,, so i decided to have a look with a mirror. the inside of my vagina looked a bit redder than usual, and i noticed some dry raw skin patch next to my vagina with skin peeling image. i never felt any bumps/rash/blisters before just saw the red abrasion and panicked it was herpes.. that same day it occasionally burned when I peed. I did a urine dipstick test for UTI and it was normal. its been two days since I saw the red patch and the tingling is still there though. The next day it appeared to have started to heal image. and the day after i put some vaseline and its barely noticeable image I've ordered a at home test for chlamydia and hoping to get seen by GUM clinic but because of covid dont know if they'll see me. please anyone help i'm very scared.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Edited

i'm also scared now that it has sort of healed that they wont be able to test for herpes. does anyone know if they will still be able to test because i am still feeling the irritation?

• Edited

everything you are stating certaintly sounds like a herpes outbreak. i would try to see the doctor asap as a swab is more reliable than a blood test. typically with herpes it will turn into blisters and then crust over. you could simply have some sort of fungal infection. do not have sex untill your cleared. i would stop shaving and throw out your old razor. wear only cotton underwear and try to keep the area dry. goodluck. please update the forum with your results as it helps other people who may be going through the same thing 😃

• Edited

thank you so much for replying! i have a phone appointment with the GUM clinic hopefully they'll call me in for a test or something. i know it sounds a lot like herpes but im still really hoping its not because i dont know if i will be able to deal with it 😦 will keep you updated though, thanks again

• Edited

absolutely understand that hope for the best prepsre fot the worst. even if it is soo many people have it.

• Posted

i had my blister popped yesterday when they did my herpes test but it hasnt crusted over ?

• Edited

Update: went to the clinic today got swabbed and blood tests for all STIs. Got a swab of the area though she said it was pretty much healed so unlikely to show anything. showed her pictures of how it looked when i first noticed it she said it could be herpes but the sores looked very small and in line with my shaved hair pattern so it could also be from shaving. basically have to wait and see if ill have another outbreak to know for sure. she did a speculum exam said it looked like i have thrush which would explain the tingling/itching and gave me a pessary for it. so im just gonna have to wait and see now. will update once test results are back!

• Edited

goodluck! im hoping its just a shaving issue waiting is the worst!!! here if you need someone to talk to.

• Posted

Update: The burning sensation is back and I still havent gotten my results from the clinic, so im beginning to freak out! when i took the pessary last time worked very slowly it took the whole week for my symptoms to go away. During that week i also noticed a tear in my but crack I put some cream and it went away after a couple of days. image

now a few days ago i noticed some BV like symptoms (unusual discharge smell) so my GP prescribed single dose of metronidazole. at the same time i noticed small cuts on my perineum. i took the metronidazole with fluconazole cause i was scared of getting thrush again. now its been 2 days the smell is gone but its itchy/tingling and i noticed some white discharge. the cuts would bleed a bit while wiping but i'm scared its a second herpes outbreak. my period is due soon and im thinking its either triggering a second outbreak or thrush. I'm going to call the clinic on monday to chase up my results and see if theyll see me again.

• Edited

update: these are the pictures of the sores and the discharge. its thick and white and a bit clumpy.!

this is the first day i noticed the cut the itching/tingling wasnt as bad

over the days the cuts/sores seemed to be healing but i feel like the itching is worse (not sure if its the metronidazole as i took it after noticing the cuts)

• Edited

Update: test results came back negative for all STIs and positive for thrush, herpes test was negative but not reliable as skin had pretty much healed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.