Is this HIV

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all,

Here's my story just over 3 weeks ago I had a condom break during insertive vaginal intercourse and it lasted for a maximum of 5 mins I don't know at which point the condom broke but stopped as soon as I noticed. The female is of unknown status but assures me she's fine and I've nothing to be concerned about. Anyway on Monday of this week I started with a mild sore throat which got really bad Tuesday with small white marks on the tonsils but it's almost gone today as I type this message. I also experienced hot and cold sensations Monday and Tuesday day and night with minor night sweats. I felt a little nauseous and my stomach has felt bloated and uncomfortable but not painful! I haven't been sick or suffered any change to my stools. Yesterday i noticed 1 swollen node in my neck which is tender but all the others appear fine. My only real lingering symptom is the stomach bloating all the rest have pretty gone in 3 days. Not at any point did I feel ill enough to not work or go the gym etc. My maximum temperature was 37.7 degrees and it's been stable at 36.5 since yesterday morning without any paracetamol to control. My questions are what is the risk of this one time occasion even if she were positive? Would ars symptoms really come on and go in just over 48 hours? Would my fever likely be higher than 37.7 if it were ars? Would I experience more swollen nodes rather than just one in my neck? Is stomach bloating a sign of ars? And would the sore throat have cleared up so quickly?

I appreciate any responses to this to hopefully put my mind at ease.

The lady also states she's not been unwell at all in the last 6 months.

Thanks

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.