IS THIS IT NOW...!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Am new to my anxiety disorder just over two months now and it seemed like I was ok at 1st but I just feel as if am getting worse. With no where to turn and no one to talk to cause I dont want to upset my family and partner my friends these days I feel like what friends!!! I don't even recognise myself or remember who I was before at times I feel like am cracking up and am started to see no light beond the tunnel... starting to think if this me for the rest of my life am I going to cope???? How am I going to cope??? Will I be taking these meds forever💊??? is it going to affect my relationship?? having children my mental state see overthinking as always 🤔🤔🤔

0 likes, 16 replies

Report / Delete

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Kara 

Your not cracking up this is what anxiety does to us.

If you dont think you can speak to those closest to you try therapy sometimes talking to a stranger is easier.

Have you considered medecation?

I used to crawl into bed with  my anxiety but now I go for a brisk walk and that helps me.biggrin

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks you for replying it's nice to know that am not the only one out there like this cause I was starting g to feel as if I was.

From time to time I do speak to my family and boyfriend but I don't wanna upset them or confuse them cause stuff is confusing enough at the moment lol!!!

At the moment I am on Sertraline 100mg I was on 50mg but the doc bumped it up, to tell the truth I felt a lot better when I was on the 50mg on the 100mg I just feel I have lot of down days then up. Plus I wasn't sleeping at night so that made it worst so he gave me some sleeping tablets too. I have signed up to therapy and I've finally got an appointment but it's not till June but at least I've got one. Thanks for you advise and for even committing back 😃

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I can tell u Kara from experience keeping it in does more bad then good to everyone the thing that has got me tho all of this so far is my children and wife being by my side I was in ur shoes I don't like to ask for help nor talk about my problems it's always been about my family's needs and finally I sat my wife down and explained what I was feeling and she has been by my side everyday talking me through this and tho yet I'm not back to being me i feel better know the weight is off my shoulders
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

At the moment my partner lives in London so it long distance for us but when he is next down I am going to sit him down and talk to him thanks for replying back hope your having a good day 😀
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Talk talk talk! Talking with friends and loved ones is helpful! I am like you with anxiety for the past two months.. Totally healthy and happy before that and everything changed. And everyday i hope that it will get better but it comes again. I guess we have to understand that it is anxiety and get used to it little by little. Better days will come..
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

That's exactly the way to look at it but better then that look at all the positive that happen in life I know it's hard to see past the bad but I only see think God that I'm walking talking living and one day be myself again cuz it can be beat it's just how u treat it
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I think your so right... Today is a good day for me but I think that is cause I have literally cleaned my flat upside down and cleaned the hell out of it OCD kickin in lol!!!
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

It will wax and wane. It can just go away for days, week, months even years. Hoping they will have this all figured out within the decade so you will be fine. If the medicine helps you, youre in good shape for a while. Learn cbt in the interim. Learn it and use it. Learn to properly breathe and learn to be a positive person. People have retrained their brains so go for that whilst the medicines work. You will have a fine life, must think positive.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

are you feeling ant better, Kara?
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Today so far is a good day for me but I think that is cause I have literally cleaned my flat upside down and cleaned the hell out of it OCD kickin in lol!!! (Can't help it) plus it my day off so going to chill out and try relax as back to the work life tomoz! Hope your ok too
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I am a deputy manager in a retail store so yea it can be stressful at times am lying everyday lol!!! Put sometimes I stress out about stupid things at times with work.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

haha I get it, I used to work in retail too.

If you ever need anything post on here or feel free to send me a PM.

You are not alone.

Good luck and all the best! 

smile

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up