IS THIS LPR?

Posted , 3 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hello guys,

I've had GERD for some years now. I've experienced the usual symptoms of GERD and I'm quite familiar with it. However, lately I feel that my soft palate in the back of my throat is always somewhat irritated. I often feel as if I have some mucus draining from my sinuses, and tonight a weird feeling of food going up my nasal cavity. It was quite painful and despite blowing my nose nothing came out. 

I was wondering if any of you have experienced something similar, and if this is related to LPR rather than classic GERD? 

Thanks in advance

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jay

I have reflux two years now and even though I haven't had what you described I do have a constant low grade sore throat with lots of sinus type headaches, are you taking ppi, have you been to an ent doctor

• Posted

Hello Kate,

Yes, I've seen a ENT in December. He noticed some inflammation in my sinuses, he suspect it due to acid and allergies. He told me to increase my water intake and continue taking my meds. I'm on Tecta right now. I might have to go back to see him though. 

• Posted

Yes Jay another visit might help you, I'm on 20mg omeprazole twice a day, going back tomorrow to gp as they are just not working, suffering bad symptoms every day, list is very long, maybe surgery is the only long term solution

• Posted

I hope you find relief very soon Kate, and that you want need surgery. Have you seen a GI? 
    • Posted

Hi Jay

Yes I have see two gi surgeons, even had manometry test done last June it showed night time reflux that's why I don't think the will ever offer me an operation to cure this, I'm terrified all the time that it will turn into something worse, some days are worse than others

• Posted

I suffered from Gerd for 10 yrs. The symptoms you mentions are all related to LPR. My throat used to be irritated and sometimes felt burning a lot. As regards to sinuses I used to suffer a lot as well. Things started to settle after Funduplication (1st August 2017). Now I experience nausea and indegestion mainly but the symptons related to LPR have disappeared.
    • Posted

Yes cause it changed my life. There are some days which my stomach is not so well but at least I got relief from LPR and severe migranes. Find a good surgeon. You will find a lot of support on fb page Nissen Fundoplication.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up