Is this Menopause?

Posted , 5 users are following.

My wife had a total hysterectomy over 2 yrs ago. It hadnt been pretty.

Today is our third anniverssry. I planned a nice drive, a gift of her choosing, and a nice dinner.

At noon time she was in the bathroom getting ready. I stuck my head in and said let me know when youre done so I can shower. That fid it. The day is ruined. Ive heatd about every bad thing ive ever done. She wont talk to me normally. Is this menopause or is it just a really bad thing I did? I dont understand.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Well Im only asssuming your a male writing, just the act of researching or seeking information I whole heartedly comend you. Im no expert on post hysterectomys but have heard hormones can still play havoc hopefully someone has been there may offer more info. 
  • Posted

I had total hysterectomy and was immediately put on oestrogen.  Happily been on it for nearly 26 years now.  I don't understand those women who don't.  They are only stressing their bodies severely, as well as their family and their health.  Oestrogen is natural to our bodies, as long as you get the right type (oestradiol).

• Posted

I know I have had the crazy mood swings where one tiny thing will ruin my whole day. I admire you looking for help! If your wife is refusing to talk to you normally, maybe write her a letter? Tell her all the things that concern you, and that you clearly want to help and support her etc. The letter itself may make her go crazy on you, but in her own time she may really appreciate it. I know I would.
  • Posted

Hi Jdatbs69

Yes it probably is menopause. At times when i am not feeling good because of my menopause i take it out on my boyfriend because I feel tired, cranky, sore and just not myself. 

Give your wife some time she will come around but just be prepaired that there are going to be days that she will snap at you like i do with my boyfriend at times. 

All you have to do is give her her space when she is snaping at you 

Let her come to you and just love her as you always have 

• Posted

Thank you and everyone else who responded. I feel so helpless. No matter what I say, it is either turned around and made to sound bad, or stupid, or its just ignored. I could go on and on but I think I have my answer. Thanks again.
    • Posted

My husband hinestly didn't believe me when I explained that when I am in full on mood swing there is no way I can think rationally about things. And then when I get out of the mood swing he can see the major difference. Yes, he will say things with no ill intent and I find a way to twist it and make it sound bad. And yes, he will say stuff to me and I ignore him as I hardly realise someone is speaking to me. You know the picture. Your wife is probably feeling like she is going crazy. Maybe ask her if she'd like to try the day again when she feels like it. Keep reaching out if you can. My husband has been persistent. Not always patient with me, but persistent! Hang in there!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.