Is this Menopause, a cyst or endo or ???

Posted , 7 users are following.

I don't know whether it's perimenopause, menopause or other problem but the last few months  I've had migranes around the same time each month which is pretty common but they only last a day and I feel fine. Last month and also in June,  I came over wth worse problems--my back starts hurting, then I feel bloated, my chest is aching, and I feel like my insdies (mainly ovaries) are being shreded. I felt like I had the flu last month (symptoms listed above). This month I didn't get a migraine but I have these miserable pains that lasted 5 days...today I am okay but aching on the side unless I take a pain pill. I can't get into a doctor right now (hooray for American medical system) but I did go to a walk in place. The doctor had no idea why I felt like this. I feel like my hormones have gone insane. If anyone has gone through this--please reply. I think maybe I have a cyst and it bloated me up but I don't know. My doctor's appointment is next month so right now I just need to hear from others. Oh, and I also lost my appetite. The first few days I can't smell food or certain smells without being put off (similar to pregnancy--which this is not!). Thank you!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sounds very like perimenopause. I'm going through the same horrible journey. You would never of imagined it was like this ever!
  • Posted

I have the nausea and inside pains, mainly left side around my ribs. Been sick since January. Had gallbladder removed in March. So many symptoms, and different on different days. Hate this menopause
  • Posted

Hi nifty50. It does sound like peri or meno. Have your periods become irregular recently too or changed in heaviness? It would be helpful to you to list all the symtpoms you are getting ahead of going to the doc's appt, as they diagnose peri/meno by symptoms mainly. My doc told me hormone blood tests are waste of time as hormones fluctuate so frequently - even hour to hour. Starting point is to look at all your symptoms first as doc may want to do certain scans to elimate other problems eg a transvaginal ultrasound is commonly done to check for any problems like cysts in uterus & ovaries. Hope this helps with some basic info to start with. Do let us ladies know how you get on. xxx
  • Posted

Before I started being menopausal, the 24 hours before period started I always felt like I was coming down with flu. Would ache all over, headache, absolutely shattered and terrible lower back pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.