Is this normal ?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Good morning,

First time on this site and I am hoping that someone can put my mind at rest !

I am 51yrs of age and have had regular 28 day periods since the age of 11yrs but after the birth of my first child started to have hormonal migranes twice a month which I have suffered from ever since.

I had hoped that the menopause would put a stop to these headaches and certainly for the last 9 months I have had no periods and very few headaches until 3 weeks ago, when I started to bleed bery heavily and have continued to do so with not only pounding headaches but stomach ache aswell !

So at the moment I feel pretty drained and low...Is this normal ? Is my body having a last stab before entering the menopause for good ?

I value your experiences and any advice.

Many thanks for reading this post.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi 

you need to go and discuss with a doctor, or better still a Gyno..

all i can say is in peri menopause headcahes can be bad at times, in my case i never had migraines until the end of peri menopause..

( you are post menopause after no periods for 12 months) 

then i would have a migraine lasting 4 days and nights but this would then produce yet another period was coming .

i am age 50 and 16 months post menopause .. Natural route no HRT.

vit B 6 helps alot .. ( 100mg daily) or busy B or Mega B 100 time realease from holland and barret these contain 100mg of B6.

jay x

• Posted

Hi Jay your a gem to these ladies on this meno site.

What haven't you found ? Not much I believe .

Hope all okay in Spain? 

Cold here but no rain as yet today .

Take care,hope the dogs are good .xxx

• Posted

Hi, reading your post I would advise that you visit your GP.  Don't wait until you stop bleeding just go.  A doctor can examine you without internal and ascertain a lot by feeling your tummy.  You can then be referred on to Gynae who can alleviate any fears you may have.  Anything unusual should be investigated.  In saying that it is likely to be normal menopausal problems.  Just better to check it out.  Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.