Is this normal ?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been on citalopram 15 weeks had improved but the pass 5 days have felt anxious again feeling shaky and needed to pass water today going back work after holidays. I had also had a a bad cold virus 10 days ago could this just be a blip? Much appreciated any feedback on this.x

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Yes it's perfectly normal.  On the road to recovery on this medication you'll get many blips along the way which often foxes people into thinking they're ill again.  Seems there'll be many ups and downs along the way, and the downs will get less as time goes by.  Maybe the anxiety is just making your bladder a little more sensitive, or it might even be the cold virus, or even the weather.  A cold will make you feel under the weather so it be that it made the blip appear too.

Just keep on going, and the blip will pass.  Do the same each time a blip comes along and just accept each one as part of recovery.

Wishing you well xx

• Posted

Thankyou for your reply it is nice to be reassured during these blips much appreciated.xx

• Posted

I went back to work today as a teaching assistant and ended up having a bad anxiety attack. I had been feeling shaky and anxious the last few days. I managed to stay at work on wobbly legs all day. I am post menopausal and still get lots of hot sweats and with my body getting use to the citalopram at the same time makes things collide I think. Any thoughts on this Katecogs would be appreciated.xx
    • Posted

Lots of things upset us unwittingly and make us have a blip.

Yes it could be a mix of post menopausal symptoms, depression and the medication.  Strangely it could even be the anti climax of Christmas and settling back into work.  I used to find any routine change would affect me, even though I didn't realise it at the time.  I wondered why I felt anxious and realised it happened before and after a holidays, Christmas .... anything.

I reckon it's a blip though, whatever caused it, which could last a few days or weeks.  Just go with it and let it be there and it'll soon pass.

K xx

• Posted

Thankyou for your reply it was much needed.I will try my best to get through this blip up and on then.xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.