Is this normal?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is normal. A month ago I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety (although i had a feling i had them a year before being diagnosed)

I feel anxious all of the time, i physically feel sick during this time and I can't seem to concentrate. Even at home, my hands shake a lot, as do my legs.

I can't sleep at night because i feel anxious and I just feel as though both the depression and anxiety are overwhelming me.

I can't stand going on buses which makes it difficult to go to sixth form. Sometimes, I'll walk for 40 minutes instead of taking the bus and even then, I feel judged all of the time that it's rdiculous.

Is this normal?

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

You say that you have been diagnosed with depression.

Tell me, have you been prescribed with any medication for your condition?

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I haven't been prescribed with anything because my GP said because I'm only 17, she didn't want to start me of with medication. Instead she referred me to a 'therapist' who I still have yet to acquire an appointment for, but I just feel as both my anxiety and depression have gotten worse with time.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I do believe what you say and I understand why your doctor has suggested this as the first course of action.

It might just be worth a call to your GP and ask if the a therapist might be able to see you a little bit sooner.

Whatever the situation, I would encourage you to hang in there because believe me there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi!All the thinghs that you describe are normal if you are suffering anxiety.About going on buses I had the same problem.It was horrible,the minute I was in one I used to start thinking about what would happen if suddenly I fainted.It was difficult for me to breath,and sometimes I had to get off many stops before my final destination.Then I started to be sacred of going out,I wanted to be at home at all times,I didnt feel comfrotable amongst people.My hands were also shaking,I had many panic attacks.Now I am ok,sometimes anxiety comes back but I know how to deal with it.You are very young,you need to find ways to relax,make sport,keep your mind busy,it is all in your mind,the more you think about it,the more it affects you.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up