Is this normal?

Posted , 7 users are following.

H all, got a question to anyone who can help?!!. I'm 11months into peri,and for the last 5-6 periods everything has been normal, well almost I haven't had any bleeding......just been Brown discharge,,I recently saw the nause few weeks ago for a smear and she asked about my periods I did mention about the brown discharge but she didn't seem concerned about it?!!...... Is this happening to you? Or anyone else? Everything is still normal in a period for me..but just this?and if anything I'm alalso getting MUCH stronger pains in my stomach,lasting anything till at least a week after my period.WHY am I getting very strong pains upto a week after a week any advice please?!.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes I've had the brown discharge. Recently just had clear like discharge yesterday and a little bit today. Probably an infection starting for me.

I think the brown discharge is very normal. I googled it before and is normal in peri menopause. You are fine.

• Posted

The pain you experience is the fluctuating hormones you have to be 12 months menses free so if your bleeding still your still in peri menopause there are a lot more symptoms then stomach problems I hate to say it's a terrible experience for many
  • Posted

How do you know your 11 months into peri Hun ? I have so many problems understanding how this all works for us ladies 😢
    • Posted

Hi cazjaz, peri may take years..rolleyes

The first signs are sometimes subtle,  like hair loss, headache,chnge in sleep pattern, a longer or shorter period, more days or less days bleeding, spottings ahead or after your period, too much lubrication or poor lubrication, any change in your normal period pattern, etc.  You really just notice those things when you look back and compare the various phases your body passed by...  And then you come to a point when you really know you are in peri because many of thse things, and others, happen at the same time :S Then you go to your doctors and find you are health and you feel like crap - unless you belong to the very happy group that does not feel a thing;  And at some point you will be in MENOPAUSE but you just figure out you were in menopause when you are post menopausal (because menopause is the first 12 months without bleeding or spotting)

As I said, confusing.

• Posted

Shelly, brown spots are very normal and are symptoms, for sure.  Pain in the stomach, could be too as low or unbalanced hormones mess everything. rolleyes
  • Posted

this is totally normal your getting ready to completly stop i had this right before my periods stopped completly then all the fun starts sweats aching sleepless in seatle lol all the above good luck hun

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.