Is this normal?

Posted , 6 users are following.

this is the 2nd period on the trot which hasn't really been a proper one. In have shed no red blood, just brown stuff and not much of that(sorry if too much info) just need to know if anyone else has had this. I have no one else to ask, I am 51 and in perimenopause.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ruth, sounds like I was b4 my periods stopped altogether had a few like this then just stopped . Hope this helps.
    • Posted

Ooo let's hope they stop soon, thanks for the reply.

• Posted

I get that now and then, my sister said that was the end for her, but I seem to just plod along getting all kinds of different periods. When I first saw the brown stringy stuff it was alarming. I'm almost certain it's normal for peri. 

• Posted

Hi Ruth.

I'm 42 and going through perimenopause. I too have experienced the brown stuff during period - if you can call it that!

I also have just normal blood and varied from light to mid.

Hope this helps x

• Posted

Yes Ruth, over the last 10 years or so I have had this numerous times. It is 'old blood' when brown, leftovers that should have been shed before but the hormone levels changed and period stopped before this part of lining could be shed. I'm sure your dr will tell you its normal and not to worry yourself about it. Keep well and dont worry. XXX

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.