Is this normal

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys well took the first mirtazapine and slept for 13 hours and now feel well out of it :-/ it made me go very dizzy when I took it and made me sick not sure this is normal ... Fine while I'm off sick but not when I go back to work .. I took it at 5 and had to go to bed at 6.30 and have just woken up .... Scared tO take it tonight now as have my councling telephone thing at half 9 in morning ... What to do xx

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

going by what other folk have said , this is very normal when starting up on mirt and will go away as get used to it in your system. Don't give up on them
    • Posted

Ok thank u if I take it tonight do u think I will wake up for my appointment ..
    • Posted

yeah, just set two alarms lol. Seriously though, yes. take it earlyish and youll sleep through night but still wake up at reasonable enough time in the morning
  • Posted

A lot depends on the dosage, and the size of the person, but I personally found that the sedative effects will settle down quite quick, (within a week or so you shoild be able to know what to expect).

I`ve never heard of them making people feel sick though, I would strongly recomend you go back to your Doc`s, or if in the UK ring that 111 thingy, you may have an allergy to them (or one of the ingredients), best to be on the safe side.

Also, don`t drive untill you are sure you are no longer made drowsy  by them.

I was recently tried on Amitryptiline (for pain), and I wouldn`t dare drive anything for upto 13 hours afer taking those. (couldn`t see straight for half the day), those went in the bin pronto!

Good luck mate.

Paddy

• Posted

Ok thank u just felt horrible my eyes went funny I could see properly was quite scary and the dreams I had was mental might ring the docs xx
    • Posted

Oh I only had 15 mg 
  • Posted

When I first started on mirtazapine I slept for long periods but providing I got up and started doing I was OK but if I decided to have an extra 10 minutes in bed I would go straight back to sleep for a couple of hours. I had dizzy spells but I had them before I started mirt. I did tell my GP when he reviewed me after 4 weeks I had felt like a zombie but that did pass. Can you have your phone by your bed and set an alarm clock. While waiting for the phone call try getting up even if you go back to bed after the call it will be worth it. Good luck, let me know how you go.
    • Posted

Ok thank u have rang doc they r gona ring me later I'll just double check its ok .. Just feel horrible really sick and dizzy ... So strange x
    • Posted

Hi Diane just thought I'd let u know had to go down to 7.5 last night but still knocked me out. Managed to get up up just for them to cancel till 11.30 feeling very strange today feel like I'm floating hope u r well x
    • Posted

That is so annoying nothing irritates me more when mental health services cancel usually there is a good reason but for the client it is so hard because reasoning very often goes out of the window.due to the nature of the illness. By the time you read this I hope they have phoned you and that you are getting the support you deserve.

I'm not to bad but I have had to come off mirtazapine because my legs and feet were very swollen and I was suffering with muscle ache. I am now 4th day in on Venlafaxine. Unfortunately I am not sleep ping now quite as well as I was but on the whole not really had any withdrawals. Hope you soon feel better and can start functioning properly. Xx

• Posted

Yes they have rug but could be a 3-4 week wait for therapy which isn't great but I do have another appointment with a different councling team on Wednesday but don't feel like I wanna go with them as had a really bad experience with them before were the councling was on her personal phone the whole session also it was ment to b a 40 min appointment but was only in the 10 mins as she decided I needed stage 3 help rather then stage 2 which then ment I had to wait another 3 weeks .. 

venlafaxine is ment to be really good my nan was on that worked a treat .. To be honest I'm not liking this mirtazapine feel like I'm floating all time and when I wake up I feel completely out of it which is ok while I'm not at work but min I go back its gona b awful xx

• Posted

I can empathise with you, 12 months ago I was referred for counselling I had to wait 6 weeks for a telephone consultation then a further 4-6 weeks for appointment. When I attended the appointment it wasn't counselling but CBT, which did shock me at first but I agreed to give it a try. There was a very strict criteria about attendance and if you didn't adhere you were discharged from their services. I was fortunate I had a really good therapist each session lasted an hour and I was expected to do homework between appointments which were weekly. She did have a go at me one week because I hadn' t put the work in but we did get along really well and I did benefit from the therapy.

It might be worth waiting the 3-4 weeks particularly if you have had a bad experience, with the other team. You need a therapist who gives you their full attention and does not cut short the session time. 

I don't know what the stages are in your area but stage 2 in my area was CBT there was a stage 3 but that again was CBT but with a more experienced therapist such ad a team leader .

Good luck with which ever you decide to go with. Xx

• Posted

Yes my appointment is for cbt am just worried about getting myself there when I'm feeling so bad as leaving the house is really difficult on my own and am a little scared of driving when I feel like this . I would love to wait but feel like I am running out of time with beefing off work and don't feel I can go back with out the help it's been 3 months now and if I waited it would b another month with no help .. Plus the longer I wait the worse it is getting can just feel the depression getting deeper and deeper .... 

Thank u for your reply xx

• Posted

I'm not totally sure to be honest think it's up to 6 sessions a hour a time x
    • Posted

Oh sorry I thought I were asking me but u were asking diane x
    • Posted

I had 18 sessions that's was what they were giving in my area. Whether they still offer that many I don't knoe

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.