Is this normal? Anyone?

Posted , 2 users are following.

So just two agos I woke up gasping for air, my doctor told me it's from having anxiety while I sleep. But now it's happening almost every morning I wake up feeling like I stopped breathing and my chest hurts so bad. Then I get really bad anxiety when I wake upsad it used to be I had anxiety at night before I fell asleep but now I'm getting it when I wake up...

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I never had that problem so I can't really help you.  But it sounds like anxiety based on what I have read in many forums.  Do you take your medication before going to bed?  I take mines in the morning around 10AM and again at night around 10-11PM.  Sure, I been cleared  by my cardiologist and my heart is always relaxed, BP normal so I know is not my heart which is the first thing they check. Sorry I could not help you, hope you get better soon. ;-)
  • Posted

Sleep apnea issues? I have had that a few times very scary. 
    • Posted

This is the first time I've had this happen and I don't wake up severel times during the night or anything. I just wake up in the morning with intense anxiety. And feels like I wasn't breathing or anything but I can go back to sleep and be fine. Only gasped for air once a few days ago but I think it's cuz I was laying with my head in weird position. But it was scary so I get anxiety before sleeping now in fear it'll happen again and low and behold I do lol
  • Posted

It could be sleep apnea but is to my understanding sleep apnea is when you wake up several times at night feeling like you can't breath. The part that is only in the mornings and chest hurting is what makes me think is Anxiety.   I know this because I I also had the lack of air in the middle of the nights but my pulmonologist disregarded the sleep apnea because it was just some nights and normally only once .  btw, I no longer have this problem. ;-)  I do have sinus dreeping which is simlar but only when I'm watching TV in a semi-vertical position falling asleep. If I lay back completely I don't have it. ;-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.