Is this OK ???

Posted , 3 users are following.

I`m on day 3 and I am worried I am not following plan correctly -

Please can someone look at my eating habits so far and let me know if this is OK ?

Breakfast - 1 slice of toast with jam only - no tablet taken

lunches have consisted of - 1 tortilla wrap with either tuna and low fat hellmans mayonaise or chicken, in curried hellmans mayonaise - (just curry powder with low fat mayo again) - along with \"free\" salad

afternoon snack small apple and 1 small banana - no tablet taken

dinner has been , 1st night -

chicken fillet with \"free\" salad and baby boiled potatoes with desert spoon of low fat mayo on the side

2nd night baby boiled potatoes, baked beans and grilled haddock fish cakes

Any ideas? I have had the \"orange oil\" but only been a couple of tmes???

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

If it is any help I can send you my food diary for the last few months. I have lost nearly 3 and a half stone now so it has worked for me so far. Although it might not suit you, it should be worth a glance.

You will need to send me a private message with your e-address in it.

• Posted

Hi RR,

Do you measure all fat or just saturated fat?

• Posted

all fat but I keep an informal eye on making the fat as healthy as possible.

another issue for me has been salt - I never add salt in cooking or on food - haven't for years. However, am now eating much more processed food as it tends to be easy to measure and saves me cooking another whole meal as well as the family's food. I've always had good low blood pressure but was amazed to find it has crept up. After discussion with GP/Nurse I went back and re-read packets and am horrified at the amount of salt I have been eating. I mean it has gone up by literally 500% and more from my start point.

• Posted

Agree, I add no salt, if I do it is low salt which is very rarely. My blood pressure is spot on according to the nurse and cholestrol is 3 which is great considering how overweight I am and diabetic. That's why I have decided to start cooking again instead of buying meals. Have gone onto Quorn as it is so low fat. Had mince hotpot last night, delicious and much more than I would have got with a bought meal and it only came to 191 calories and 2.6g of fat. Weighed myself this morning and now down 1 stone. So really pleased with myself. What amazed me when I went last week for official weigh in was I had lost 3 inches from the waist. That to me was more satisfying than losing the weight.

Mandy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.